Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > FS: Discovery 3 and 4 Vehicles

[Sold] Disco 3 SE, FMDSH, 1 yr MOT loads extras, REDUCED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
[For Sale] Disco 3 SE, FMDSH, 1 yr MOT loads extras, REDUCED

For Sale, Discovery 3 SE, 288K. FMDSH, just services, 1 year MOT, loads of toys and extras. Much loved car!

Evening,

Well the sad time has come to move on our D3. You can read my posts on here over the last 16 years with it. It has been my best ever car. It’s a high miler, but has wanted for absolutely nothing. We’ve got a top-spec D5 and a Model Y and have had various other cars alongside the D3. If I could get a brand-new D3, then I would! Will genuinely be sad to see it go... went on honeymoon in it, brought new born kids home, picked up puppys and had the best holidays ever in it!

We are selling because I bought a D5 a couple of years ago. My wife has been using this car as a run-around and kids transporter, but she has started some part-time work which requires a car, and getting an electric car is a no-brainer… and it’s sadly time for this to go. We took it to France twice a year up until lockdown, hence the huge mileage.

It’s a bit of a triggers broom. It had a new engine (well documented on here) at 140K and has had a couple of gearbox re-builds by the excellent Martin Lowe transmissions at Barnsley and beyond that, it’s been cared for by Duckworths every 7.5K miles! (We did interim oil changes once the new engine was in). Belts and everything has been done whenever it was due.

It has just been serviced (I could not bring myself to selling a car I wasn’t certain was safe) and MOT’d. Wheels were recently refurbished and the tyres are as good as new.

At the last service they highlighted a small hole in the cross-over pipe and this has been highlighted on the MOT report. That will need doing at some point - and it’s pretty noisy under hard revs - but it’s a common thing to work on. It’s pretty noisy anyway (sounds great, as Duckworths took out the cat and put a straight through pipe on it). I have had a quote for £1,400 to repair it… and I would be surprised if that passes its next MOT, but at least you have a year to go at it. It drives beautifully and is smooth, quiet (apart from the crossover pipe under load!) and sharp. Rock solid gearbox.

It has been really cared for, but I haven’t gone over-the-top for the photos - a quick brush out and once-over with a hose so it shows it honestly. This is real example of how we look after our cars. Everything works, there are no dints, just a few stone chips the occasional bit of surface corrosion (rear door - see photo) and back door (see photo) and the wheel arches could do with some tidying up. In addition the roof paint is peeled a lot (see photo) which is what all Cairns blue ones do.

Loads of extras… Exmoor trim canvas seat covers (2nd row seats are immaculate and we’ve never used the 3rd row)… IID tool… Optima yellow top with a dual battery kit I never got round to fitting. Two keys (battery dead in one)… the drivers door card has loads of dings from the seat belt, and I have a spare brand new door card - they are like hens teeth! Dog guard (can’t find the fixing kit, but will keep looking! FBH (which works!) cabin controller. Roof bars… rubber mats… etc etc - have a look at the photos!

I am selling as one lot everything I have for the car as I’d like to think an enthusiast might want to pick up where we left off and see 300K out of it. I don’t want to split just yet and am in no hurry to sell it. I will even leave the private plate on if you like.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Happy to do a FaceTime/WhatsApp call with it too if you like.

The high mileage will either spook you, or you will be relaxed. Basically the outer shell is the only thing that’s done 288K. Everything else has been replaced!

Thank you

Rear bulbs are LEDs and nice bright reverse lights too. Reverse lights are also linked to the LR button on the fob Smile

Wheels and tyres are as good as new...

Centre console fridge works great!

4x4 info was enabled a while back...

There is a slight tear to the side of the seat base on the drivers side - you can see it if you look closely at this picture.

Exmoor trim photos are excellent - the rear seats are like new. The front seat covers aren't fitted but are in a later picture...

Tow pack is excellent (there's a full size spare with an AT2 hiding under here...)

All the carpets are in great condition and no smells!

Slight corrosion here and there...

[/img]

...and a bit more here...

Roof pain is peeling - but you can't see unless you're above it! It's been like it for years and the undercoat s fine!

Boot blind and all mats included

...and roof bars and locks!

A replacement drivers door card is brand new - like hen's teeth!!

Dog guard - will hopefully find the fittings before sale. It's been stored in the garage for years, so is a bit rusty.

Front seat covers - freshly washed!

Dual battery setup... battery in, but never got round to fitting the kit!

FBH and timer work great!

A tin of touch up paint - haven't opened for years, but it's still liquid!

Two keys - batter is flat in the better one!

Full main dealer (Duckworths) service history. Every single bit of paper for ever!!!

...and the DVD

The IID tool to spot any issues and burn the FBH from time to time

...and the last service from a few weeks ago! MOT also passed.

2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Last edited by John C on 5th Nov 2022 3:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #231048810th Oct 2022 8:44 pm
Shealesy

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Tempting, given the grief mine is giving me at the moment…. If the wizards on here can’t help me help myself, I may be in touch…
 D3 HSE - MY05 - Java black
Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer
GAP IIDBT G3
2x Colliewobbles and a Kelpie 

Post #231082413th Oct 2022 10:18 am
John C

Thanks for the reply. Happy to chat any time you like. After an easy transaction Smile Anything you need, please just shout.

Post #231087013th Oct 2022 1:51 pm
John C

Cheeky weekend bump… might have a dabble with eBay over the weekend to see if much interest there,. Smile

Post #231202121st Oct 2022 10:22 am
Shealesy

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Got mine sorted this morning so it’s not going to be torched/replaced. Good luck with the sale!
 D3 HSE - MY05 - Java black
Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer
GAP IIDBT G3
2x Colliewobbles and a Kelpie 

Post #231205121st Oct 2022 2:29 pm
John C

Good to hear Thumbs Up

As I have been asked - here’s some additional info :

Belts (plus a load of other stuff like brake lines whilst the body was off) were done about 30k ago.

Transmission re-build and new torque converter (by one of the best in the country) was done about 2 years ago.

Haven’t got exact mileage but it was just before the MOT which was about 15K ish ago.... so that's around £7K work in total.

Last edited by John C on 5th Nov 2022 3:39 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #231211421st Oct 2022 8:38 pm
John C

Took this out the other morning to fill up with fuel as a nice gesture for a potential buyer who I was expecting, and still gave me the permagrin! Drives so well. It now comes with £150 of diesel Cool

So, it's taking up space and needs to go.

I'd be happy to take £3K for the base car and all the documents, and then make me an offer for the additional parts if you want them.

Bluetooth IID
Exmoor trim canvas covers
Roof bars
Rubber mats
Boot cover
New door card
Dual battery system (unused) and battery
Dog guard

No one's been to see the car yet, but I'm certain you won't be disappointed. Frustratingly I've been messed about by people just not showing up... Maybe I'm getting old, but if you're the sort of person like me who does what they say they're going to do and will show up when you say you will, then I'd love to show you the car Very Happy

Post #23137065th Nov 2022 3:38 pm
Badger110

Pm sent 👍

Post #23141658th Nov 2022 11:11 am
John C

Thanks for all the messages and interest. Has now been sold to a local member on here - enjoy 😊 👍

Post #23171101st Dec 2022 6:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >