DISCO4.COM > FS: All Other Items

[For Sale] Specialized Roubaix Expert Bicycle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DrLex

Iceland 
[For Sale] Specialized Roubaix Expert Bicycle

Roubaix Expert 2011

Spec as per the archive page: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/roubaixsl3expertc2/23457
Size XL = 58cm

Effectively a FACT 10R carbon frame (SL3) and forks with full Ultegra 10-speed and internal cabling, Fulcrum Racing 4 wheels (apparently Racing 5 hubs with Racing 3 rims), internal cable routing, and the joy of a threaded BB. Steerer is uncut.

Ideal for the sportive or audax and other long trips, or just a blast on a sunny day.

It has a pair of almost new GP4000s (done about 250 miles, £50-odd), and it has a fresh set of kosher Ultegra brake pads on both front and rear calipers. Currently with a gold KMC X10-SL chain. The RH shifter was changed last year – I broke it when swapping cables, so got a proper mechanic to change it and re-tape the bars with new S-works bar tape. He also put in new gear cables.

List was £2,850 when I bought it in Summer 2012. I’d like £750 for it.*

A few minor things to point out:
· Saddle rails and the heads of the stem bolts are showing a wee bit of rust. Wentin fasteners can sort a few SS bolts cheaply if it’s a concern or a go with a bit of wire wool and some lacquer would probably sort it.
· Despite using electrical tape on installation, the cable tie for the speed sensor on the NDS chainstay moved and has rubbed off the paint in a 1mm strip round the internal face of the stay opposite the tyre. Barely visible and is hidden by the tyre and of course covered if a bike computer sensor is re-attached.
· Small abrasive tear in the back edge of the seat on RHS – covered with a bit of tape. I’d be happy to swap this saddle for the newer Selle one on my other bike, which I’m finding a little hard.

4 pictures attached, one of the rubbed spot. I’d want to keep the SPD pedals in the pictures, as today’s pedal strike on my new bike indicates the issue I have at present with double-sided.

It’s been well looked after and still bloody lovely to ride. I’ll miss it, and it’s still the fastest bike I’ve ridden - I now have a gravel/CX bike. Specialized’s chart suggests suitability for a rider between 6’ and 6’3”.

It also ties in with my formula of ½ R.R.P. in the first year, then 10% annual drop thereafter, as the maintenance/replacement parts prevent a straight line depreciation.

The pictures make it look a little red, but it’s more a deep orange.

Collection from Ilminster, or I can drop it in to Yeovil Land Rover if you're having your LR serviced. Not really one for a courier, unless you want to send a bike box. I travel occasionally around the South West for work, so may be able to meet up.

Close-up of non-drive side chain stay showing paint wear

*Justifying £750 - if split up:
Frameset - £275
Wheels & tyres - £150
Chainset – cassette, chainrings, cranks & chain - £150
Levers/brifters – £100
Brakes - £30
Seatpost & clamp - £20
Handlebar & stem - £25
(cables, tape, seat- no value)
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks