Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Sat Nav Annoyances
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
graemem

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Sat Nav Annoyances

I'm fed up. You see I love my D3 but I do get mildly annoyed about having to "confirm" that some of the sat nav contols will not be available while the vehicle is moving.

I accept that is the case and IMHO probably the safest option as well. but PLEASE why do I have to confirm it everytime I start my car? Please someone tell me I havent read the scant insructions properly and there is a way to switch it off.

Also I use the sat nav quite a lot. Often just for a time check for getting home and am not interested in the voice instructions. In fact I tend to always have the sound off and just glance at the screen when I want guidance. However I could do with the audible prompt to remind me to look at the screen. Is there a way to switch off the voice but have the audible chime sound?

Post #1986526th Sep 2005 11:12 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sorry, you're stuck with it. I too find it tiresome, but I suppose the risk of getting sued is too great.

The sat nav is very good, I do'nt use the voice much, only usually in towns I am not familiar with. The time to destination is useful.

I don't like some of its route choices, it likes going through town centres, but you can always ignore it.

The Off road navigation is fun, but a bit pointless in the UK, I used to to map out the caravan site in Cornwall - useless but it passed a wet morning working it out Wink The 4x4 info screen was very useful off-road.

Post #1986626th Sep 2005 11:25 pm
Pelyma

England 

I agree with the town centre bit which is tiresome, but on the whole the system is good. What I find a load of rubbish is the time of arrival. If you drive motorways/dual carriageways and then come into 30mph limits it is still thinking you're doing at least 60! I don't know how it calculates this value but it can be annoying - though good for the kids particularly as my son knows what the values are and it does remove some of the are we there yet? Unfortunately 6 year olds do not seem to understand 2 hours is a long time!!!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1987927th Sep 2005 8:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >