Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Sat Nav Freezing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
BORDER ROVER

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Sat Nav Freezing

The Sat nav has developed a problem, after i entered a destination and moved off the sat nav froze and wasn't moving as i was. Did a reset on it and it started working, however everytime i start the car now the Sat Nav is in its default mode and doesn't store any of the user settings i enter. Its a pain having to reset the country and keyboard everytime i need the sat nav. Has anybody any ideas before i descend on the stealers.
 POT NOODLE NAVIGATION CHALLENGE 2010 WINNER
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #44072119th Mar 2009 1:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hernan1304

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR3

Maybe try cleaning the nav disk? Mine freezes once in a while (like maybe 3 or 4 times over the course of a year), along with the radio. Usually leaving the car off for an extended period cures it.

Post #44073919th Mar 2009 7:03 am
BORDER ROVER

Will give that a go Thumbs Up Hopefully that will sort it, if not the dealer will have to its driving me mad.
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #44080619th Mar 2009 9:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BORDER ROVER

Well have been to my local stealers and they have said that i need a new sat nav unit, the bit under the seat. They booked me in for the 30 March earliest available slot. Bad news on the way home they rang me in the car to tell me that its on back order Sad and i will have to wait until April sometime Sad and they will call me in when it arrives. At least they were very promp in keeping me informed whats going on Thumbs Up . Is there anything at LR thats not on back order at the mo. Shocked
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #44099619th Mar 2009 3:14 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I had mine replaced on Monday ..they also told me it was on back order..but after some ear bashing they put it on critical and it was here in 4 days
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #44100219th Mar 2009 3:20 pm
BORDER ROVER

Think i will give them a short periiod of time then kick off and see where it gets me. Have to remember this critical buisiness and maybe that will get me the bit quicker. Thumbs Up
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #44100819th Mar 2009 3:27 pm
BORDER ROVER

Further to my fault of the Satnav freezing, its now freezing on the start up/warning screen. After unplugging the box under the pass chair (on advice of local LR tech until part arrives on back order Evil or Very Mad ) this resets the system and then can be used. However on a route yesterday i noticed that the bint in the box wasn't talking to me. Does anyone know if she is controlled by the box under pass seat. None of the voice commands phone or entertainment worked either, tried on a few occasions. Am getting worried that the gremlin is spreading about the car. Not happy Sad
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #44370724th Mar 2009 11:37 pm
BORDER ROVER

Another update on my satnav problem, called into my local dealer yesterday to find out what was going on as I hadn't heard anything for a bit. Well they had informed me at the beginning of April that the satnav unit would be in stock at LR wharehouse on the 07 Apr and they could have it in a couple of days later. Well this didn't happen so they then got their parts guy to ring up and find out what was going on, answer was, well they didn't have one.

That was it for me so i asked them for the customer services number as this was now taking the Censored iss, they gave me the number and i then proceeded to give them a call and run through my problem with the very nice young lady on the phone. She told me that she would contact the dealer and ring me today with what they could come up with. Well phone call today and they had located one of the parts that is needed, and it should be with my dealer next week and that she would ring me on Monday again. After the phone call which was taken in my car i suddenly realised that she had said i required 2 parts, Censored what 2 parts, its gone from the unit under the seat to that and something else. Well its doing my head in now but at the mo i have bigger things needing my attention so will have to wait and see.

So till next time sports fans. Big Cry
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #45525016th Apr 2009 8:00 pm
BORDER ROVER

Right the latest on my satnav saga. Its still not sorted, the car went into the dealers after LR customer services got involved and sorted the parts issue.

Well the car was serviced and the part fitted and i was told that the issue had been repaired. When i asked what part had been fitted they informed me that it was a new screen Question Question I then asked them why as they had diagnosed that it was the box under the seat, no mention of a new screen. Anyway as i got in the car and started it up the screen was frozen, i went straight back in the dealers and told them that the fault wasn't fixed Evil or Very Mad . They took the car back into the workshop to see what was up and i took a seat in the dealers and had a brew.

Approx 2 hours later Evil or Very Mad they told me that the car was ready and it had been sorted, they had downloaded something directly from LR and uploaded it onto my car Shocked . So i went out with the service manager and the tech that had been working on the car. When i went outside with them my car was running and sure enough the sat nav seemed to be working. I said that i would just turn the car off and let it goto sleep and then see what happens while they were there. Guess what yep thats right the sat nav was frozen again Big Cry , a big give away was that on restarting the car the satnav went straight to the map instead of showing the warning screen. So back into the dealers we went again and was told that they would need my car for at least half a day to run a proper diagnostic on it. I now have to wait till next thursday as i am away until then in the Hereford area.

On the journey down here today the satnav decided to start working again after a quick break on the M6, however something that i did notice was that the ability to input on the move was now no longer available. It was like going back to the satnav in my 55 plate D3 and the 56 plate RRS. Can i get them to put this feature back on once they sort the problem out and is this an easy procedure Question
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #45856824th Apr 2009 4:52 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Your 08 has satnav on the move as std, so there's somethign wrong rather than them enabling it again (unless they took the part off an older car Shocked

Your tale of woe must be a right pain, can't add much else I'm afraid Crying or Very sad
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #45857224th Apr 2009 4:56 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

BORDER ROVER wrote:
Can i get them to put this feature back on once they sort the problem out and is this an easy procedure Question

Yes, and after all the aggro you have had i would suggest that they should not try and mention charging you for the privelege Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #45857324th Apr 2009 4:57 pm
BORDER ROVER

I am thinking that this upload from LR that they were on about may have something to do with the satnav on the move being disabled. They had better not of fitted an older part as i won't be best pleased, i don't think that they would of. There will be no mention of any charge as its under warranty, well there had better not be. The biggest bugbare is its dragging on a bit and is a pain in the a Censored se. But will wait and see what happens.
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #45858024th Apr 2009 5:12 pm
BORDER ROVER

Get in its sorted. Car went into dealer on thursday last week for a full diagnosis on the problem. They identified it as the SatNav ECU, the box under the passenger seat. Hmm this was the bit that was identified weeks ago and i was told was ordered.

Anyway they ordered the part which was there the following morning fitted and i had the car back by lunchtime as requested by me because i was going over to Kielder on the Friday. The dealer this time was spot on with the way it went, courtesy car (FL2) and phone calls to keep me updated. LR customer services have also been spot on with regular contact with me and to the dealer. A follow up call is due this week to make sure all is well.

The sat nav unit that has been fitted must be a newer version as it is slightly different in some actions like asking me for destination on start up and some icons look a little different. Ohh and the navigation on the move is also back. Thumbs Up
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #4627114th May 2009 11:46 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Glad its sorted Border, shame they didnt just fit the original part they ID'd!!! Big Cry Big Cry .... least your upwardly mobile Thumbs Up ..... mind you, current LR SATNAV is poo!!!! Mr. Green
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #4627134th May 2009 11:51 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Have they put in a new disk (2008/2009 one ?) as the destination on start up was a new feature on this disk ..unless its something they can do via a software update now
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #4627154th May 2009 11:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >