Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Sat nav screen dimming
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Raymond

Sat nav screen dimming

Hi Guys

Can anyone comfirm that the brightness of the sat nav screen changes depending on the amount of light and or the head lamp setting ie. switch the headlamps on and the screen dims. I was sure mine used to do this but today it seemed dim all the time reguardless of what the headlights were set at. It has been a pretty dark overcast day up here. I just want to check I'm not imagining things. (it could be age or the effects of too much vino rosso!)

Post #217265th Oct 2005 7:07 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Sat nav screen dimming

Raymond wrote:
Hi Guys

Can anyone comfirm that the brightness of the sat nav screen changes depending on the amount of light and or the head lamp setting ie. switch the headlamps on and the screen dims. I was sure mine used to do this but today it seemed dim all the time reguardless of what the headlights were set at. It has been a pretty dark overcast day up here. I just want to check I'm not imagining things. (it could be age or the effects of too much vino rosso!)
it also takes input from the 'solar sensor' - that screwcap lookalike thing at the front of the dash, adjacent to the speaker grille, which also controls the auto lights (when fitted Wink )  
Post #217295th Oct 2005 7:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Raymond

sat nav screen dimming

Thanks 10forcash but you are mistaken the headlights are controlled by the sensor at the end of the rear view mirror ( where it attaches to the windscreen) .Try covering it during the day and the headlights come on,provided they are set to auto. But tell me though does you screen dim when the headlights come on?

Post #218076th Oct 2005 8:12 am
10forcash

Re: sat nav screen dimming

Raymond wrote:
Thanks 10forcash but you are mistaken the headlights are controlled by the sensor at the end of the rear view mirror ( where it attaches to the windscreen) .Try covering it during the day and the headlights come on,provided they are set to auto. But tell me though does you screen dim when the headlights come on?
well that's what happens when you listen to LR dealers Rolling Eyes the wart on the dash is definitely a 'solar sensor' though - or at least it's called that in the parts catalogue...
Oh, yes it does dim Wink

Post #218116th Oct 2005 8:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Raymond wrote:

Don't worry Raymond, TFC was having one of his senior moments. Now he owns a car and not just a picture he has started to help out, but the memory got the better of him

Post #218126th Oct 2005 8:22 am
10forcash

BN wrote:
Raymond wrote:

Don't worry Raymond, TFC was having one of his senior moments. Now he owns a car and not just a picture he has started to help out, but the memory got the better of him
it's still a bit early in the day for me... Rolling Eyes Embarassed  
Post #218166th Oct 2005 8:27 am
Raymond

Thanks 10forcash

Perhaps a small livener would help with the morning Wink [/quote]

Post #218226th Oct 2005 8:39 am
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
Raymond wrote:

it's still a bit early in the day for me... Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Tough, still a memory loss, like it Wink

Post #218236th Oct 2005 8:40 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

As far as I remember the sunlight sensor is part of the aircon temperature detection kit
 The End 

Last edited by Slimer on 6th Oct 2005 9:38 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #218406th Oct 2005 9:33 am
BN

England 

Slimer wrote:
As far as I remember the sunlight sensor is part of the aircon temperature detection kit

You are correct and welcome to the spelling errors club along with me, Winger, TFC and the rest Very Happy

Post #218426th Oct 2005 9:34 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

eh?
 The End  
Post #218446th Oct 2005 9:38 am
BN

England 

Slimer wrote:
eh?

Ooops, my mistake Wink

Post #218466th Oct 2005 9:41 am
10forcash

Slimer wrote:
huh, another thing the dealer got completely Censored wrong then, ... note to self: DONT BELIEVE A WORD THEY Censored SAY - EVER AGAIN Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

suppose I should know better by now Embarassed Embarassed

p.s. how's the spellling on this one? Wink

Post #218566th Oct 2005 9:50 am
DiscoMad

Yep, that thing in the middle of the dash just in front of the window is the sun sensor for the climate control system.

The Navigation system/dash lighting is dimmed by a sensor in the instrument console (next to the alarm-on indicator)

Russ

Post #220897th Oct 2005 1:23 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

So the one on the front of the rear view mirror, visible on the outside, is the RAIN Sensor yes??

My sat nav screen dims with the lights - sometimes. Today, it was dull, and the screen seemed very dim, the other night I was on the motorway in the dark and it was so bright it annoyed me so much I turned the screen off.

Post #221207th Oct 2005 6:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >