Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Photos, Videos & Media

Saverne (France) 2009
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Saverne (France) 2009

Some pictures from a visit to Saverne in France with members from the Schweizer LR club, Luxembourg LR club and two from Disco3...

There are more in my gallery as well as some from NJF here: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic31743-15.html

Seeing as NJF likes to point out the moments when I get stuck, here's one of him needing a bit of help Whistle

Me - both car and driver stuck...

This is what came out with the car

Ermmm...I'm stuck again (with a friend finding out why I asked him to come along Whistle )

Through a swampy bit

My bum clenching moment in water

NJF on a nice hill we found

IIRC, this was one of NJF's bum clenching moments - a nice slope on very slippy mud

NJF trying not to scrape a sill again

A contemplative NJF - on a raised track with slippery mud and AT2's that weren't quite cutting it. And the track narrows with a very steep, long drop off at the narrowest point...

Great day out...but still explaining the horrendous scratches I picked up to SWMBO... Shocked
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #45661719th Apr 2009 8:51 pm
NJF

JF, I wasn't stuck, I was just checking to see if you had brought your tow rope. Next time we go out, I'll have a winch. I'm looking forward to you acting as a 3-tonne dead-weight test block. Whistle

The last pic above was a pretty horrible problem. Not enough power and you slip down one side of the ridge. Too much power and you shoot off the other side of the ridge. This is the second consecutive day out when we've been playing on a ridge that's only a little wider than the D3. I must become a member of the Flat Earth Society.

BTW, no damage to my D3 beyond some more scratches to the rear bumper, the alloy wheels, torn mudflaps, more scratched sills and (perhaps just normal wear) brake warning light. No major paint scratches this time. Smile

Post #45662619th Apr 2009 9:06 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Great photos of what was obviously a great day out John. Reckon you must have needed the jetwash inside as well as out! Thumbs Up

Did you just stumble on these tracks or are they well known?
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #45709420th Apr 2009 11:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >