Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Say Hello .. Wave Goodbye
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Kieron

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Say Hello .. Wave Goodbye

PIcked up our new discovery today, fantastic car but only got a few hours with it before it broke down and was taken back to the dealers on the back of a trailer.

It had driven so well but we stopped off and got some fuel and about a mile later the engine cut out at a junction and we were left stranded. I did the initial panic 'it was diesel I just filled her up with??', even rang the petrol station and they confirmed but as I've driven dielsels for long enough I knew it wassn't that. Tried the procedure to restart following a fuel cut off but that didn't sort it. Eventually the car did start (just about) and we managed to get it across the road and into a pub carpark just as she cut out again.

Called the dealer (T H White in Swindon), called Land Rover Assist and have to say the only thing that kept us upbeat was how good the dealer was. They took control of everything, they loaded their demo on the back of a trailer and came out right away even though we were some 40 miles away from them. I'm gutted the car isn't here but at least I have confidence that it will be sorted and for the first time in a long while I was left feeling that the customer really does come first. The view was that it would be something minor, I hope to know more tomorrow, just very sad that we hit a problem so early on Crying or Very sad
 I don't dance but I do Disco  
Post #450611st Mar 2006 6:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

I feel for you mate, I really do! I got the princely distance of 6 miles before my first glitch, and not too much further before the first breakdown where I was forced to stop.

Stick with it, its worth it! And you've got the dealer demo too!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #450631st Mar 2006 6:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kieron

Thanks Steve. I am trying to look on the bright side and have to believe that it will be a one off rather than the first of mamy. And I guess there are not many people who take delivery of 2 discoveries in the same day Smile
Post #450681st Mar 2006 6:52 pm
thirdtimelucky

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Welcome to LR ownership!! It will get better, just stick with it until the glitches are sorted!! This is my third Disco - glutton for punishment - and I would not drive anything else, unless it breaks down and I have to drive the dealers Freelander, that is! Good luck!

Post #450701st Mar 2006 6:57 pm
Kieron

thanks ttl ... hopefully will get the car back today and will be able to recapture the first day feeling again but i will be nervous for a few days wondering if its going to happen again
Post #451752nd Mar 2006 8:44 am
Guy

United Kingdom 

Keiron - hope it all gets sorted out soon. In my experience THW are really good, so fingers crossed!

Post #451812nd Mar 2006 9:54 am
Kieron

Just heard we are not going to get the car back today Sad Problem seems to be that the car has not recorded any type of problem and so they are going to take it on an extended run to see if they can get it to happen again. THW are great but I'm still missing my car, had booked 3 days off work too in which to enjoy it so feeling doubly down.
Post #452472nd Mar 2006 3:37 pm
adara

Romania 

Well, my Disco is still at the dealer, waiting for some rear sensors, basically it's there at least 1-2 days each week (3 this one) so better get used to that. Sorry to sound pessimistic but I've had nothing but trouble with this car since day one.

Post #452532nd Mar 2006 4:16 pm
Luke

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Sorry to hear about ur disco!!!! And same for us now... First fualt since we got her 3 weeks ago!!!! Airbag warning!!!!

Very impressed tho....3 weeks with no faults Very Happy
 HSE,Alpaca leather
Java Black
Me dads car but I just love them!!!! 

Post #452702nd Mar 2006 5:29 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Hate to say anything, but 3,300 miles since 1st Jan and all is well (clock loses time, and heater update being done monday). Not missed a beat.

Trouble is I'm loathed to say anything but am touching wood frantically as I type this.

They can be ok!

Post #452742nd Mar 2006 5:38 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Best get yerself a wooden keyboard eh? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #452752nd Mar 2006 5:40 pm
SN

10forcash wrote:
Best get yerself a wooden keyboard eh? Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.moderific.com/archives/2004/01/..._japan.php 8)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #453082nd Mar 2006 9:13 pm
10forcash

bang goes another money-making opportunity Thud I was also thinking of making them out of four leafed clover..... 8)

Post #453132nd Mar 2006 9:18 pm
SN

10forcash wrote:
bang goes another money-making opportunity Thud I was also thinking of making them out of four leafed clover..... 8)

Best I could manage I'm afraid...

8) 8)
Post #453402nd Mar 2006 10:02 pm
10forcash

that's a bit cress isn't it? Confused you'll make someone green with envy... Just hope nobody grasses you to M/Soft Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
OK, i'm going, I'M GOING Embarassed Embarassed

Post #453412nd Mar 2006 10:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >