Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Seat & Headrest Design problem?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

al cope wrote:
I'm 6'4", 17st, and I get pain from my right leg as I cant get the seat to pedal position correct. I dont get any issue from the headrest, but I always feel like I'm sliding down the seat.

Having only had the car for 4 days I have found that I'm having the same problem.
I have found that the back of my right knee being unsupported whilst my foot rests on the accelerator is causing the problem.
The seat will not go back enough or high enough to give this support.
The only answer for me is to tilt the seat backwards using spacers like phoenix has done.
As I work in an engineering company I will design and make a wedge-shaped spacer that runs the length of the runners with holes drilled through in the correct places.
I'll post some piccies of my fix when done.
 Back in the game!  
Post #10929612th Dec 2006 5:09 pm
al cope

England 

will be interested to see this "mod", as phoenix's wasnt too neat.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #10930712th Dec 2006 5:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yeah, I thought that, and so did phoenix himself.
It may be a few weeks before I get it sorted due to experimentation etc. but I will give all details of measurements and what worked and didn't work for me.
BTW, I don't think that height/weight has too much to do with my problem. (6'3" 14 1/2st if these things matter to you) The important figure is the distance from heel to back of knee ( the length of your lower leg basically) I've just measured mine, 23".
Sorry if this seems a bit anal but I love driving this car and want to be comfortable. My RR classic was like driving a comfy armchair. (Over a roller-coaster) Laughing
 Back in the game!  
Post #10943212th Dec 2006 11:32 pm
al cope

England 

Snap - same measurement for me.

You are correct, its the seat to pedal setup thats the issue. My D2 was smashing. My issue with the D3 (on my S anyway) is not being able to bring the front edge of the seat up under my knees for support, only the back edge of the seat changes in height.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #10954213th Dec 2006 9:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
twizzle

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I'm 6'8" and 18st 9lbs...(down from 21st so i'm quite pleased with myself!)

When i first drove the D3 i was really pleased with legroom, and was certain it was an improvement over my D2 GS TD5... i too have the poverty model (S) and am starting to seriously think about changing the car because of the seats. The drivers seat pad is just not deep enough for me and the lack of adjustment on the leading edge of the seat is causing me pain. (140 quid at Chiro, Physio on NHS and one go at Acupuncture...)

The SE modles and above do seem to have more comfortable seats and the seat pad seems deeper ( could be my imagination)... Sat in a FL2 last week, and first impressions were that seats were a significant improvement!
 i'm lovin it....  
Post #10965013th Dec 2006 5:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >