DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 
Seats

Drivers Seat:- Lovely is comfortable very nice place to sit.

Passenger Seat:- As above.

2nd Row seats:- seats 3 people with ease Thumbs Up Myself my good lady aka 'Legless' and DG sat with comfort, just so you know both myself and DG are... are... erm.. 'well built' Whistle

3rd Row Seats:- Both myself and DG could sit side by side without touching shoulders. The second row slides forwards if required. Note we were both sat in the 3rd row of a D4 going around the high speed circuit at Gaydon a couple of years ago and it felt a little cramped and smelt of poo at the end of the run.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #17169748th Oct 2016 2:00 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

What is shocking is that a "premium" vehicle that starts at £43.5k comes with cloth seats. It's possible to add a few extras to the S and get it to £50k. £50k and cloth seats!

What is also rather sad, and evidence of penny pinching, is things like the front seat arm rests. Only the driver's seat gets the fold down arm rest in the lower specifications. When you can easily spec the SE with a couple of packs and get it to the best part of £60k and only the driver gets an arm rest, it speaks volumes, sadly.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #17174759th Oct 2016 4:38 pm
Robse

United Kingdom 

I prefer the cloth seats. What surprises me more is a car for that money with a rubbish sound system and no rear parking sensors !!
 Velar MY18 D180 S Narvik
Discovery MY2015 3.0 SDV6 SE Corris - Gone 

Post #17174909th Oct 2016 4:54 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ditto. I chose my car based on the fact that it was the only spec that offered cloth seats. I just don't like leather. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #17175049th Oct 2016 5:22 pm
J77

Scotland 

The GS has had cloth seats from the start and always been over £40k, it had no auto/lights wipers, no fogs and no cruise control. Changed to SE gained auto lights/wipers, fogs and cruise control. Cloth seats are no big deal, my current SE has them and it's just as good a car as any of the HSE Lux or Landmarks. I would take the S in a minute if I could get the 3.0 and LED headlights.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #17175139th Oct 2016 5:40 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 
Re: Seats

AndrewS wrote:
Note we were both sat in the 3rd row of a D4 going around the high speed circuit at Gaydon a couple of years ago and it felt a little cramped and smelt of poo at the end of the run.

And lots of screaming from what I can remember Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Do not think your one was the only one that smelt of pooooooo
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #17175159th Oct 2016 5:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Russell

United Kingdom 

Robse wrote:
I prefer the cloth seats. What surprises me more is a car for that money with a rubbish sound system and no rear parking sensors !!

No rear parking sensors thought the full range had them
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #17175199th Oct 2016 5:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robse

United Kingdom 

I built a 2.0 S on the website and its a £270 option.
 Velar MY18 D180 S Narvik

Post #17175239th Oct 2016 5:48 pm
J77

Scotland 

The current SE only has an 80W system and it works well.
Post #17175249th Oct 2016 5:49 pm
Robse

United Kingdom 

Yes I have this in mine, I think it's pretty bloody awful !!
 Velar MY18 D180 S Narvik

Post #17176199th Oct 2016 7:57 pm
J77

Scotland 

For a base system I don't think it's that bad, it's not the most user friendly thing but works OK.
Post #17176229th Oct 2016 8:01 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

J77 wrote:
Cloth seats are no big deal, my current SE has them and it's just as good a car as any of the HSE Lux or Landmarks. I would take the S in a minute if I could get the 3.0 and LED headlights.

I like leather seats so "cloth seats only" is a big deal Wink especially at this vehicle price.

I'd have the S with leather seats, the Capability pack (locking rear diff plus TR2), the Driver Pro pack (or ACC as a stand alone option would be ok if really hitting the price), Versatile climate pack (cheaper than cooler cubby and heat resistant windscreen individually) and adaptive LED lights. The 2 litre engine wouldn't be a problem really as it's not that far off the 3.0 although the 3.0 would be nicer, obviously. You can't have the electrically deployed tow bar in the S unless you spend an additional £1.4k on bits for fitting (£2.3k all in). You can have the detachable one though (lower nose weight rating but not by much), or the plough-like multi-height (better nose weight). Oh, and I'd take timed climate too as I find the BAS remote plipper version in my RRS is lovely in the winter!

The problem is that the S quickly becomes a £50k car just as the SE quickly becomes a £60k one. Indeed, each version seems to become £6-8k dearer once I add stuff that I've got on my 9 year old RRS or would like. And none of the options are ICE related, they're all driving related really (apart from timed climate).

£70-80k for a Discovery is just madness. Unless the rear row of seats is a must-have, at that price the FFRR looks like a better buy as a luxury/premium 4x4. A Vogue with "spec + options" and a D5 Luxury + the same options is basically the same price. That's just madness.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #17177219th Oct 2016 11:53 pm
J77

Scotland 

Once you get to £60k I wouldn't even consider a Disco. I'm still wrestling with my conscience on spending almost £54k, granted I added a premium metallic, but price and the deal that's on the table will make or break it for me.
Post #171772610th Oct 2016 12:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >