Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
marcon

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
seats

if you buy an automatic D3 with cloth trim do you get armrests or do they only come with factory fitted leather seats.

I also see on the options list leather trim but only manual seats,anybody got any info on this. Question

Post #460396th Mar 2006 10:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 

From my investigation when I was originally looking at buying an 'S', I can assure you that there are no armrests on the cloth seats. Furthermore, the latest leather option (in the UK anyway) on the 'S' model is a completely different seat from the SE & HSE in that it is manual and without the armrest. Ended up being one of the reasons I went for the SE instead....... which I get in 4 days......... Can't wait...... Razz

Post #460456th Mar 2006 10:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
marcon

Thank's for that.This seems to be the case with Irish spec too,problem is our SE spec is only like UK S + spec so if you take the leather upgrade you only get standard manual seats probably without armrests,and at 3200 euro extra not worth it.

Post #461007th Mar 2006 9:46 am
zebadee

Ireland 

Just to confirm…….Irish Spec SE comes with cloth, manual adjustable seats, with no armrests ! I would doubt that the leather option will give any more than just that………..leather. You could of course have leather done after you get your D3. There’s a company called “Cartronics” in Dublin, that seem to do a very good after market leather conversion. I’ve seen a Freelander that they did & it looked very good indeed. On their website they list amongst other stuff, that can do heated seats, park distance control, DVD screens etc. .

Also be aware that some of the early Irish D3 brochures, listed Xenon headlights as standard on the SE. My SE, a ’05, didn’t have them as standard, although the comparable UK cars did. However I believe from reading on these forums that Xenons are now optional in the UK for ’06. So I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume that we have no hope in Ireland of having them as standard. Sad

But again, this can be done after you get the car. Apparently the Xenon unit is a "plug 'n' play" swap. Do a search as there's a few threads on here about Xenons.

Post #463368th Mar 2006 10:20 am
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Is the Irish HSE spec the same as the UK HSE, or what's the difference if not?
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #463518th Mar 2006 11:57 am
marcon

Thank's for info on leather going to do some research later,just wondering any of the 2005 reg D3 Irish spec owners experience any problems.

The Irish D3 HSE spec has the following extras over SE spec:

* 18" Alloy Wheels (style 2)

* Convenience Pack

* Leather Pack (power seats with mem)

* Basic Colour on-road Navigation/touch screen

* Bi-Xenon Headlights

The Irish D3 SE spec :

* 18" Alloys (style 1)

* Mudflaps

* Hi-Ice pack

* Cruise Control

* Park Distance rear

* air/con ATC

* Load-space cover

* Bright pack/front fogs

* Powerfold Mirrors

Hope this helps and as far as i am aware 2006 specs are the same.These were taken from 2005 spec list.somebody else may be able to post UK HSE and SE specs.

Martin

Post #464628th Mar 2006 8:58 pm
zebadee

Ireland 

marcon wrote:
Thank's for info on leather going to do some research later,just wondering any of the 2005 reg D3 Irish spec owners experience any problems.

My ’05 SE is approaching it’s first birthday soon & I’ve had a year’s trouble free motoring, so far. Smile

The only issue being the “sinking drivers seat” as is discussed at length here on the D3 forums. But my dealer tells me that there is an official LR fix on it’s way. I haven’t really followed up on it too closely to be honest. I’ve got used to giving the height adjuster a couple of pumps each time I get in & adjusting it a little again in the latter stages of a long drive. I think I’ll let a few other owners be guinea pigs before I have my seat done. Wink

That’s about all I have to report after a year, although I only do have about 20K (Km’s) on the car, so it’s not worked that hard I guess. 8)

Post #464688th Mar 2006 9:57 pm
marcon

D3

Only getting back to computer now.Wish I could say the same we have had suspension faults,hill des failure,cruise control failure,park assist failed(two faulty units),knocking in steering rack,radio unit replaced and we still have warning lights for low cooling fluid level even though it is full.

We are currently negotiating with our dealer for a new D3 ,to date we have been without our D3 for over two months since March 2005.But we still love the D3 and hopefully when we get into a new model we leave problems behind us.

Martin Sad

Post #466449th Mar 2006 8:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >