DISCO4.COM > Tips & Tricks

Selection screen for onroad/offroad navigation dissapeared
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
landy-on

Switzerland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Selection screen for onroad/offroad navigation dissapeared

Hello

I think I have a funny question regarding the onboard Navigation system of my D3 (Model 12/2005). It has "only" the normal navigation system installed (not premium version). The DVD delivered with the system was version YIW 500126. Now, a friend gave me the latest version YIW 500200 to test.
After the new DVD was inserted, a message on the display showed, that new software was loaded.
This worked fine and a few moments later the system came up. After accepting the warning message, a new screen was shown: onroad or offroad navigation - hurray!!!! Not ony latest cards available but also offroad navigation! Great! Of course I tried it instantly and all the different screens described in the manual were there. What a great surprise - but not for long!
The next day I started the engine and accepted the warning message, the selection screen was gone and it seems that there is no way at all to get it back. My dissapointment now is of course very big.

This proves that all the technical prerequisits are there to use offroad navigation also in non-premium navigation system, that all the data is on the DVD, but somehow turned off in standard navigation system.

Hopefully somebody of you already stumbled over this already and has a solution (some code to press) to get this option working again. I want offroad navigation back Big Cry

Thanks in advance

Post #16145725th May 2007 10:12 am
catweasel

so I take it you've reverted back to your original disk, if so buy the same version as the one you were lent.
if that is not your issue then dunno

Post #16146825th May 2007 10:41 am
landy-on

Switzerland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Well, the problem is that the onroad/offroad selection stays disappeared no matter what DVD I put in now.
Directly after the installation of the new software version it was there, but now, one day later it is gone.
It seems that after the installation process each available option was active, but as soon as you turn off the system by pulling out the key, it removes all the goodies not bought initially.
As said: I don't have the premium version of the navigation system and my dealer told me that offroad navigation is only available with premium version.
Now that I have seen, that also works in mine, I want to use it and I am pretty sure, that it just needs to be activated somehow.
I am also just thinking about TMC module. Probably it is also built in already, but not activated, because I didn't "buy" it with my version. So, I'm searching for hints to activate them or at least the offroad part.
It must be possible

Post #16149125th May 2007 11:46 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

TMC module is separate, there's someone on here (one of our French members ISTR Confused ) that got it added on

I wouldn't worry about the off-road nav, I don't know of anyone that's got it that's actually used it all Rolling Eyes
 The End  
Post #16149425th May 2007 11:56 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >