Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

SENC US - LR3 SE V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SENC

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3
SENC US - LR3 SE V8

I bought this 2007 LR3 this week - 128k miles and generally in solid shape, though it had a good bit of deferred maintenance to take care of.

It will be a partial daily driver, see some time off road hunting and fishing, and serve as a primary tow vehicle for this, which I'll tow in a 14' class enclosed aluminum trailer:

Click image to enlarge

This is my first LR, but no stranger to getting my hands oily as mentioned in the welcome thread, as I've recently finished rebuilding the suspension, brakes, gearbox and engine on the Seven. The Seven is a 65 and a brilliantly fun car, though living close to the coast I don't have a lot of fun roads nearby - thus the trailer to take it to the mountains from time to time. It has a playmate, a 69 Elan that I'll be taking the head off soon to identify and repair a valve issue.

But first task is to get the LR3 back up to standard.

Post #230871625th Sep 2022 7:15 pm
SENC

In the few days I've owned it so far, I've tackled a few easy jobs:

Replaced the cowl, which was pulling away from the windshield and I suspect the primary cause of a wet passenger floorboard (the cabin filter was also damp). While there, I used some metal tape to cover the exposed corner of the air intake as a preventive measure. I also found the exterior a pillar finisher loose with old clamps, no grommet rubbers, and a dry-rotted rubber weather strip. I temporarily ran a strip of vinyl electric tape down the metal beneath it, covering the clip holes, and punctured it at the holes so the clips could fit back in. That has firmed up its hold and will hopefully seal it for the time being, while I decide whether to rehab the finishers or to replace them. I'd welcome any thoughts or recommendations.

Replaced the spare tire winch, which was not functional.

Added a trailer wiring harness and found a used oem receiver.

Dried out the passenger footwear- will see if it stays that way or if I need to explore further causes. I have not been able to get the air intake cover off to look behind it to confirm whether the sunroof drain is still connected to the exterior and functioning (seems quite well stuck).

Replaced the air and cabin filters and a taillight bulb.

Just finished installing a coverlay hard dash cover - what a great product - easy install and looks great even dry-fitted.

Post #230871925th Sep 2022 7:26 pm
SENC

The LR3 will go in this week for new brakes all around and brake fluid replacement, along with replacement of a rear wheel bearing that is starting to go, and dx/rx of tpms and charging systems - and to have it programmed for the trailer harness.

When I get it back, I'll replace the spark plugs and address a failing center propshaft bearing with the Darkside Developments product.

Barring any additional findings along the way, that should get it back to a roadworthy standard.

Post #230872125th Sep 2022 7:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >