Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Servicing service!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
paul

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Servicing service!

I just had my Audi serviced and cost £275 for a 2 year 40k service I was shocked by the difference in service from the dealer compared to LR.
Audi filled up the washer bottle with screen wash and even gave me a 1lt bottle of Audi screen wash in the boot of my car which I just found!
LR didn't put enough washer fluid in so it froze at -4 one morning and blew the washer fuse, LR then tried to charge me £17 for a new fuse!
My front heated seats had stopped working and I had a brake light out, Audi charged me £0 and changed them.
Our D3's rear seat heaters stopped working and LR charged me £25 for finding the problem and changing the fuse, as fuse's are not covered under warranty!
The service cost me £400 for the LR and £275 for the second service in the Audi, the first service in the Audi cost me £340 all with Long Life £12 a litre oil and the Audi needs 8.8 ltrs of the stuff!

How can LR give such a crap service and charge so much? Our bloody LR is still starting crap from cold and its now out of warranty so I guess as it gets worse we will just have to wait until it won't start and then trailer it to the dealer and tell them to fix the original problem. I have logged it with LR customer services.

I've never had the need to ring Audi! Yet Whistle

Paul
 2006 TDV6 S Auto, Buckingham Blue, for the wife and kids.
2013 BMW 535d M sport touring. 

Post #43835214th Mar 2009 10:06 pm
nags

Northern Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

funny that last car was a bmw never any hassle with dealer who was allways helpful change to lr spend more money and get crap service or perhaps this is just my dealer but having read some of the posts on here i think not
 if it aint broke dont fix it  
Post #43835714th Mar 2009 10:25 pm
Annabelle

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I just had my Disco serviced and first MOT at a Jeep/Chrysler garage. Such excellent service I have never received from any other LR dealer or LR independent. The vehicle was collected and returned to me at no extra charge, and it was returned with a showroom finish inside and out. I even got a courtesy call a few days later to check all was well.

Post #43930016th Mar 2009 9:38 pm
Disco3newbie

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Had Discovery's for last 16 years, always been serviced by LR dealer and never had a bad experience yet, including negotiated costs. They collect if I want them to or offer a loaner if that's what I need. Recent experience of buying a D3 was interesting but then if the saleman can't be bothered to come and talk to me because I'm in jeans and T-shirt that's his problem not mine (stone something!!). I think at the end of the day it's all about managing expectations, let the dealer know what you expect and generally those that listen will deliver.

Can also say the same about the VW and Vauxhall we have......no dealer issues.

Post #43930616th Mar 2009 9:51 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Try Yeovil, you get the screenwash left in the car and some Land Rover lubricant spray. Also got a Range rover TDV8 as a courtesy car and a friendly service despite being very very late turning up.

Great service and cheaper than the Nissan Qashqai servicing.

Post #43931316th Mar 2009 10:00 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Disco3newbie wrote:
Had Discovery's for last 16 years, always been serviced by LR dealer and never had a bad experience yet, including negotiated costs. .

Surely that sums it all up - negotiated costs...... if the price wasnt stupidly high, you would'nt need to do this.
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #43932416th Mar 2009 10:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hernan1304

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR3

The service I get in Dubai is absolutely ridiculously terrible. We have a VW that cost 1/3 of the price of our D3 and the difference is night and day, so I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Post #43948417th Mar 2009 9:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >