Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

What set up to run?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MARKW

United Kingdom 
What set up to run?

I currently have 3 sets of wheels and tyres in the garage. Well 1 fitted and 2 in storage. I have a set of 18" Style 1 I think and a set of 19" RRS wheels. And on the D3 I have 19" RRS with MTR's. All are sets of 5.

After a trip to Morocco last month and cutting a side wall I became a bit disillusioned with the MTR's. So what is my best option. Sell up everything and start again, sell both sets of 19" and get another set of 18" or try and get a set of 17" steels. Which I'm told are like hens teeth.

The style 1 wheels are good with very minor scuff marks but no scrapes. 1 set of RRS wheels is the same. And the other set has seen some, well a lot of action with a few dings on the rim.

The only complete set of legal tyres is the MTR's which I'm running on at the moment.

I'm off back to the Atlas mountains next year or to Tunisia over the Xmas/New Year break.

Over to you the knowledgeable panel
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #48122614th Jun 2009 3:32 pm
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The MTRs have a strong sidewall, so chances are you would have suffered the same with any other tyre. 18" BFG ATs have a strong construction as well and might fit your car, depending on model year, but you'll need to carry the spare on the roof or get a rear carrier. 17" Cooper STTs (mud terrain) fit without problems and are a good tyre as well.

The Cooper LTZs are great on sand and rocks. Have a look at the wiki section with tyres that fit. Thumbs Up

Post #48128314th Jun 2009 5:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >