Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Silent Muslim Majority?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Hardly from all perspectives. Every perspective so far has been that of middle income white residents of the UK. SUre, we can offer our interpretation of how others view the issue, but it's not exactly delivered with the moral authority of experience.

Oh my god. I've turned into a politician.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #4761134th Jun 2009 11:12 am
Pelyma

England 

You are right ND, I don't know if any of the forum are muslim, I know from previous discussions that Bobby and Kam on the RRS side are, but without all views you can't have a proper discussion. Understanding the culture (not the country) we all come from is the key to getting real progress.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #4761154th Jun 2009 11:18 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

OK perhaps I meant 'other' perspectives rather than 'all' Rolling Eyes and while I have no moral authority ..I am involved with racial and equality issues more than you may think and feel I can at least give some balance to what can develop into a single sided view of this subject. Whistle But I totally agree that it would be good to have views here from true personal experience. Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #4761224th Jun 2009 11:38 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

NoDo$h wrote:
Oh my god. I've turned into a politician.

well you'll get my vote in the next elections (depending on your expenses claimed Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter ) Thumbs Up
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #4764935th Jun 2009 6:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Obama will fix it Rolling Eyes
 Pete  
Post #4765065th Jun 2009 8:25 am
vertex

United Arab Emirates 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Here we go again

JMC, this is a good topic and whilst the majority of the western world has a biased view towards Islam and Muslims, there is in my opinion a rebalancing act on going with more people getting more and more aware of this religion (we are after all people of the book, like Christians and Jews) given its shared heritage with Christianity and especially Judaism (they are 90% similar with some few differences).
I followed the terrorist bombings in Morocco which took place in 03 and 07 where scores of people died. People went out in the street making it clear that we are all against this. a man in an internet coffee gave up his life when he restrained the bomber and saved lives...the Council of muslim in Al-Azhar university spoke loud and clear against terrorism, and the same message was delivered from Najaf, the Shiite religious authority.
Terror has become a weapon to attain political goals. it was used in Algeria (FIS against Algerian Gov) where scores of innocent were subjected to horrific deaths. it is used now in Iraq to keep the country destabilized (and we all know who's behind it), and was used by the IRA, the basques separatists, the Israelis....in short, terrorism is not a byproduct of religion, regardless of what religion it is.
the biggest losers in this war are the Muslims indeed(try going to the US now if you are a Saudis or Pakistani!). Loss of image, respect, economy, and generations marked by the horrors of the wars, separated from their loved ones. can the poor villagers in the SWAT valley do something against these f****ers of taliban? who brought them there in first place? a combination of poverty and ignorance (illiteracy rates in the Muslim world are a calamity) were prime factors in that.
I think the Muslim world has grasped the dangers of this fanaticism (even the Saudis ) and IMO we should arm ourselves with a dose of optimism and patience to see this evil rooted.
Amen to that.
 nothing yet.  
Post #4768275th Jun 2009 5:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >