DISCO4.COM > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] 2004 D3 SE 2.7 TDV6 Manual offers over £4000
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gingaboots

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
[For Sale] 2004 D3 SE 2.7 TDV6 Manual offers over £4000

Ad ref: 170504-507

Sadly selling our D3 as no current need for such a large vehicle. Cutting to the chase, this has been family utility and working truck and so it is not totally immaculate....having a few bumps scrapes and marks inside & out (nothing awful and scrubs up pretty well) That said it certainly isn't bad for 12+ years old and over 155,000 miles!

It is also and Land Rover so there a few things that need sorting....again, find me a 12+ year old Disco that doesn't have one or two "foibles"?

It currently needs to have a new gear position sensor fitted (I have the sensor that will go with the car, just need the gearbox dropped to fit new one that is supplied). Car drives fine - just showing fault on dash and this stops the reverse lights and reverse sensors from working. Have been quoted £850 to fit new sensor by Barretts Canterbury main dealer.
As per many of these older D3 models, the front suspension drops if left (compressor has been replaced and has no issues, no warning lights, comes back up when started & raise/lower all work OK - suspect valve block just needs fettling). Again does not affect the drive at all

There is loads of history with the car...has recently had new windscreen (heated), 4 new tyres (Pirelli Scorpions), new front pads, new discs/pads/calipers/shoes on back (all adjusted correctly EPB works quietly), 2 new injectors, new alternator, engine oil & filter and gearbox oil changed.

Although this is an SE model it has pretty much full HSE spec - full leather (electric front & heated front and back), panoramic roof, upgraded headlights etc, colour coded bumpers/arches, HSE 19" alloys, Harmon & Kardon HiFi, CD multi changer and more I have forgotten! Has also had "Body Control" update - 3 click indicators and clock in dash and EGR blank. MOT until Oct 2017 with no advisories

All in all this has been great truck transporting me and my music kit all over the country to gigs, moving kids/bikes/buggies/pushchairs/friends/family about and pulling our caravan. Times have changed, I am not currently gigging and sadly the Disco is surplus to requirements. Would be willing to deliver by arrangement if required. Private plate will be removed and will go back to 54 reg. Has part history with very many receipts, good tyres & is in cheaper tax bracket. Please ask anything you want to know. This is a great bit of kit and if I was still doing the miles carrying all the gear It would not be for sale!

Based near Dover in Kent (though often near Brands Hatch and Brighton) - as above would be willing to deliver by arrangement at cost to me (trailer hire & fuel).
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Gingaboots on 2nd Jun 2017 10:31 am. Edited 6 times in total 
Post #18111774th May 2017 12:51 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Cracking price that, GLWTS Thumbs Up

May help if you upload pics Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #18111864th May 2017 1:12 pm
Gingaboots

Thanks! I don't have any pics on my work PC...will get some added ASAP. I have been offered a silly deal on a replacement (more appropriate) car through work and just want to finance that. I know I will really miss the Disco once it goes, it is such a great thing to drive - just can't justify it currently!

Post #18111924th May 2017 1:22 pm
Chawks

United Kingdom 

How expensive to fix the faults roughly? Presumably gearbox removal is going to be pricey?

Post #18113524th May 2017 8:33 pm
Gingaboots

Depends how confident you are with spanners and what access you have to ramps etc? At a guess a good indie could drop gearbox and replace sensor if 5 hours ish (a complete guess!) The suspension air block is relatively simple DIY - it is accessed through wheel arch and there are a number of YouTube videos explaining process.

Post #18113824th May 2017 9:17 pm
Gingaboots

PRICE DROP

have now reduced this - needs to go, new car has arrived

Post #181417812th May 2017 1:10 pm
Gingaboots

Quoted £850 by main dealer to replace sensor - buy now £4250

I have been quoted £850 by main dealer (Barretts Canterbury) to replace sensor - buy now £4250

Post #18217312nd Jun 2017 10:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >