Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] 2005 Discovery 3 HSE, offers around £4200.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Chrismcnaz

United States 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
[For Sale] 2005 Discovery 3 HSE, offers around £4200.

Hello everyone,

Time has come to sell my lovely Disco 3 HSE. She comes with the usual HSE kit, factory fitted light protectors and front spot lights as you can see in the pictures.

She has 157,500 miles on the clock and came on a 54 plate before I exported her to Cyprus 18 months ago; I was posted into British Forces Cyprus for a 3 year tour. The UK reg was LY54PFA which she should be reissued by DVLA upon re-registering in the UK.

She has been a wonderful family car while here but she now needs a Torque Convertor as she is juddering going up hill. I have looked at getting it replaced here but cannot find anyone (including the main dealer) who I trust to do it properly and not fleece me financially. Besides, the parts would come from the UK anyway so I may as well ship her back.

She also needs the rear suspension bushes replaced but I have already ordered and received a full set of rear upper and lower suspension arms which will be in the boot of the car upon sale, and therefore will just need to be fitted.

The only other issue is the remote locking has stopped working and I'm not sure if it's the key (only have 1) or some other issue. She locks with the key in the NS front door.

The plan for her is to ship her back to the UK, re-register and then sell or Part Ex her against a Disco 4. I'm awaiting shipping dates from several sources as I type, so it would probably be at least 6 weeks before she hits the UK. I have funds for a Disco 4 but think it's a shame to buy one for what i have when i could get a better one by adding the Part Ex on top.

I have posted her here for sale as you guys are probably more likely to understand the issues and may be able to fix her yourselves or know someone who can. If I were in the UK I certainly would get her fixed myself but as I'm here it's too difficult to arrange it all.

As far as cost is concerned, I have been offered a part exchange of £4200 against a used Disco 4 at Marshall's in Cambridge as long as I ship her and re-register her in the UK. The used Disco is too expensive for me hence this post. Therefore I suppose I'm looking for around £4200 for her.

So in summary: Disco 3 HSE 2005 with 157,500 miles on the clock that needs a new Torque Converter and the remote locking fixed. The car will be shipped back from Cyprus and re-registered and then either sold or part exchanged. Price is offers around £4200.

Please ask any questions you may have.

Thank you for looking at this post.

P.S. Pics to follow.

Post #184854718th Aug 2017 12:56 pm
Chrismcnaz

Pics as promised.

Post #184856218th Aug 2017 1:39 pm
Erea

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Would there not be a market in Cyprus for the D3 rather than the cost of shipping etc. Just asking quite a few older D3s have been shipped out from Ireland to Cyprus.

Post #184864718th Aug 2017 5:20 pm
Chrismcnaz

Because I'm British Forces the car is classed as Duty Free as all vehicles imported to Cyprus are subject to import duty. This has always seemed odd to me as surely having paid duty on it in one EU country (the UK), you shouldn't have to pay it again in a different EU country.

Anyway I'm immune to import duty and therefore can't sell it to a Cypriot who is not immune without paying the duty first. The duty is around €3500 due to the CO2 a D3 puts out so the car would be too expensive to a local in its current state when the tax needs paying on top of the cost of the car.

Post #184867318th Aug 2017 6:14 pm
Erea

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ah that makes sense. I just presumed that as it had Cyprus plates all import duties were sorted, I hadn't thought of BF. Here in Ireland we have an extra tax called VRT so if we import from the UK we have to pay it and on that D3 it would be a few thousand Big Cry But if a car is exported, to say Cyprus, you can get a refund of the VTR paid.

Post #184872418th Aug 2017 7:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >