Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] 2010 MY Disco4 HSE for sale - now sold-thank you
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dickbrowne

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
[For Sale] 2010 MY Disco4 HSE for sale - now sold-thank you

It is with a heavy heart that I type this...

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I need to cut my costs in the short-medium term and, sadly, one of the victims of cost cutting is going to be my Landy. I shall try to make this as unemotional as possible, but if it gets a little syrupy at times, please forgive me.

I bought my car around three years ago from a main-dealer and I am the second owner; she is a 2010 MY (on a 2009 plate) Discovery 4 HSE, so all of the toys were pretty much thrown in.

She's been massively reliable (and has been meticulously maintained) - as a family wagon she has been pressed into service for everything from a weekly shopping run to a family holiday to Tuscany, and has never let us down, swallowing loads with ease and delivering confidence, comfort and reliability in spades.

She now has 117k miles on the clock, and she is wearing them well.

Just to give an overview, the standard kit includes privacy glass and fantastic Xenon (HID) headlights, with the smart-cornering thing happening and also auto-dip. The lights are auto-dark sensing, so you don't need to turn them on or off, and whilst we're talking about not needing to do things for yourself, it's also got auto-wipers and auto-dimming rear mirrors (the door mirrors dip in reverse too).

Finally on the outside, there are side-steps (or car-park-bash-protectors as we call them), a fixed tow-bar (only ever used for runs to the tip - I have a small trailer which I use which keeps the car cleaner!), and one of Uncle Ray's spare wheel protectors.

Inside, it's luxurious leather on the seats and the steering wheel, which is heated and has flappy-paddles too.

The entertainment system is first-class, with integration for iPod (I use an old iPhone), Bluetooth and satnav all built in. It also receives DAB radio too.

The leather on all 7 seats is unmarked, as are the carpets (I've had mats installed from day one, iuncluding a boot-liner), the headlining and all the plastics (including the stitched-leather dash-top) are similarly clear of blemishes.

It's an early Disco4, so it has the 6-speed gearbox, rather than the rotary-knob; it changes with buttery-smooth silkiness and gears are also selectable with a nudge of the lever, or using the flappy-paddles.

Other features are the cubby fridge (I fitted this myself, and if I sell the car elsewhere it will be removed and I shall sell it here, but if you pay the asking price I shall leave it in place - the original cubby liner is available should you not want the fridge), remote-control heating (which, alongside the heated steering wheel will be sorely missed next winter) and a pair of after-market headrest DVD players. There's a story there...

So, I fitted them, and they worked fine, but after about 12 months, the passenger side player developed an odd fault which caused the image to sometimes "reverse" - it's like a mirror image and I have no idea what could cause it! Anyway, I was going to take them out and re-install the originals, but TBH, I'll throw them in as a deal-sweetener, or I can remove and put the originals back in and you can have the dvd-headrests in their original box to fit, fix or sell as you see fit.

It's been well-maintained, and has a full set of stamps from the Land-Rover dealer, including the cam-belt change at 101k miles (the last service, so another will be due soon, but I think it's the small one this time).

In addition to the servicing, anything needing to be changed or fixed has been done properly - all the door lock mechanisms have failed over the first two years of my ownership, so they've all been changed for new ones, both front wheel bearings, the suspension compressor and two airbags, and more recently the oil-drain pipe from the second turbo needed to be replaced, so that was done by my local main dealer and the engine now runs absolutely smoke-free and pulls as strongly as it ever did

It is MOT'd until December 24th, which is when I had the last wheel bearing replaced (to be absolutely truthful, I had it replaced a couple of weeks prior to that, but the new one failed and was replaced - without the MOT, I'd never have known that the new one wasn't working perfectly)

All of the tyres are good - one is practically brand new, as I had a puncture which couldn't be fixed and the rest have plenty of meat on them.

So, there it is, or rather, here it is - I'm based in Newport Pagnell, not far from Milton Keynes/Northampton etc - J14 on the M1 and I'm available pretty much anytime at the moment.

Price-wise, standard HSE's without dodgy screens, wheel protectors, heated steering wheels, cubby fridges, flappy paddles and remote hating (and with possibly less money spent on maintenance) are being advertised for £18-£20k at the moment, I'm going to ask £14k and see where we go from there.

Any questions, if you need more pics or info, please ask - I can travel somewhere convenient to meet you!

As a bonus, if you buy before the end of May, I will also make sure it's got a full tank of diesel to get you on your way.

Last edited by Dickbrowne on 29th Apr 2017 11:11 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #180579420th Apr 2017 2:08 pm
Jubbly

United Kingdom 

Looks a nice car, If you still have it in june i'll pay you a visit. I'm waiting on a new job and don't want to commit until I have it in writing.

Whats the story with the RSE?

Post #180783925th Apr 2017 6:52 pm
Paul68

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Is this 3.0 hse

Post #180791125th Apr 2017 8:46 pm
Jubbly

United Kingdom 

I'm 99.9% it is, poster says HSE and all HSE's were 3.0 in the disco 4, only get the 2.7 with the GS i think.

Post #180792225th Apr 2017 8:57 pm
Paul68

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Ive pm'd him as well just for some more details

Post #180792425th Apr 2017 9:01 pm
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

100% 3.0 Engine

Lovely spec and great price - this wont hang around for long

GLWS

Thumbs Up
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #180794225th Apr 2017 9:42 pm
Dickbrowne

Thank you for the comments and questions - yes it is a 3.0 HSE

Richard

Post #180803426th Apr 2017 8:31 am
riverblanche

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi,
at that price are you not close to what a trader will offer Question

May be worth your while taking it for a run around a few local dealers that deal in that sort of car,
I have sold 2 of my last 4 cars to dealers and had a deal arranged on the 3rd as well, all for the same £££ (sold the Scooby pvt 8) )
Just make sue its clean if you do

Thumbs Up
 Transit! 2019
Gone D3 HSE 2008
Another Porsche Cayenne 2022
Gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
Gone RRS HSE Dynamic 2016
Gone RRS HSE LUX 2011
Gone RRS HSE 2006
Gone D3 SE 2.7 2008
gone D2 Td5 1999

I plan on living forever and so far so good !

Club DG Mclaren stuff

Post #180829226th Apr 2017 8:24 pm
Charliecloud

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Dickbrowne wrote:
Thank you for the comments and questions - yes it is a 3.0 HSE

Richard

Richard, it;s a great car at a crackin price,If you don't get a buyer here, then put it on ebay as a 'classified ad' for £15 for a month. You can state a price and ask for offers. You may get a few flaky responders, but you will get your price. Only took me a week to sell my old FL2

Post #180833826th Apr 2017 9:09 pm
Gilly1

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Private messaged with enquiry.

Post #180866927th Apr 2017 8:09 pm
Av_Dave

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi has it had a gearbox oil change in its life time? I'm interested just know that these are quite important from what I've read on here. Thanks.

Post #180870427th Apr 2017 8:59 pm
muzzy2007

2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Looks a beautiful car. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago just before you advertised yours. If only you was a day or so earlier I would of had it. Oh well

Good luck with the sale Thumbs Up

Post #180877827th Apr 2017 11:50 pm
Dickbrowne

Thank you to everybody who replied, and those who sent PM's with questions and offers - the car sold yesterday to a very nice chap who I'm sure will continue to love it and treat it right.

Thanks again

Richard

Post #180925329th Apr 2017 11:10 am
Jubbly

United Kingdom 

Not surprised, nice motor Smile

Post #180930729th Apr 2017 3:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >