Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Spare Wheel Winch issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Pedros

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Under slung spare wheels are a real pain. Can you imagine the problems if you've got a great big dog box in the back, luggage and two or three kids in the back seats and it's absolutely pouring down and you get a flat in the middle of nowhere? Then you find you haven't actually looked at the spare tyre or winch for a year or two and it's not working as it should.

The only thing missing to make this into a horror movie is to have to walk to the strange village where all the residents want to boil your bones to make their bread or something.

Maybe having the wheel on the back door isn't such a bad idea really.

Post #22868226th Apr 2022 8:29 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

FINALLY SORTED IT !

SWMBO wanted to go to Boundary Mill Outlet (same place, same Censored , just trendily rebranding) today so as it was my first chance in ages to fix this, found a quiet corner of the carpark * to do it in.

Put car in super-extended mode, rolled up my sleeves for the challenge... and it just lowered without fuss. Took longer to get everything back in the boot than lower, oil the cable, clean it up and refit.

* When I parked, I had noticed a car a few spaces away. After 5 mins, another car appeared and parked next to me. Let's have a guestimate that there were 700 empty spaces they could have gone in. After a minute, they moved nearer the other car, got out and into that other car. Drove off and reappeared 20 mins later. I was beginning to think I was in Bolton and not on the outskirts of Colne Laughing obviously, innocent explanations are available.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #229248521st May 2022 1:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >