Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Spoke To My dealer Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
newtolr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Spoke To My dealer Today

I have finally received today what is a cast iron gurantee of the delivery date of my new Disco 3, well the dealer said it was guranteed until they changed the date... Sad

I also asked what model year I was getting, he said it will be an '06, not sure what the difference is.

Anyway, the date of the new arrival is the 12th September, 4 weeks today. It seems to be taking forever.

I am also assuming that I will be asking the inevitable question of how to check the car out, the dealer said he could deliver, my 1st reaction was NO and I have requested a ladder to see on top of the car fully, is there any other things that I should watch for. Has anyone created a list that someone who has never owned a LR before could use.

Post #1219715th Aug 2005 6:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Just be sensible, the car is basically brilliant. Anyone can find fault with anything. It is a Land Rover and they are allowed to have minor errors. Make sure you get the spec you asked for and all the bits are with it.

Some people are concerned with paint, others electronics and mechanicals. These you may not reveal until you drive it and learn its quirks.

Remember, it is a serious 4x4 and not a rassed up sports car. It performs awesomely, but does not compete with a 1 metre high sports car. Over revving when you drive will give you the wrong impression and it can take control and not rev, you may think it is a problem, but it is the car more than likely doing its job.

Finish is not bad, but you may find silly things, don't get them out of perspective. When I took delivery of my D3 there was a hell of a wind noise and it turned out the door grommets had been left loose. I also had a hell of a banging noise at the rear, it was the spare wheel loose and my dealer is a good one, heaven help a bad one.

Best of luck.

Post #1221515th Aug 2005 6:40 pm
DrLex

Iceland 
Re: Spoke To My dealer Today

newtolr wrote:
..snip...

I also asked what model year I was getting, he said it will be an '06, not sure what the difference is...snip

Your dealer should be able to provide you with the land rover spec sheet for the model year 2005 and model year 2006 for the type you have chosen (base, S, SE etc) - you can then go through and see what has changed. A decent dealer will have done this already so that the sales guys (and gals) know the patter when the question is posed. For the model I bought (S), the changes were enough for me to insist on a MY2005 rather than wait for a MY2006.

As to what to look for - I guess it's paintwork on delivery and you'll find any other flaws when driving it thereafter - it's a new car and despite all the testing, there are likely to be design flaws that affect all and build problems that affect individual ones. At least the changes in the sale of goods act and other consumer legislation in the last decade generally makes returning 'lemons' easier should it ever come to that (and I hope not).
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #1223115th Aug 2005 7:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >