DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Spot lights.... Anyone do any brackets?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
in2tel

England 2005 LR3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverLR3
Spot lights.... Anyone do any brackets?

Hi All,

just a quicky, I've just got a couple of big spotlights to go on the front of my Disco3, I don't have a bull bar & I don't want to drill the the bumper - does anyone do any mounting brackets?

Cheers...

Post #45808423rd Apr 2009 2:28 pm
lafona00

United Arab Emirates 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

In order to use the mounting brackets (the LR one's) you need to drill the bumper.

Or you have some members who mount the lamps to the grill instead... Do a search on spotlight.
 Arno
No more LR... but a Toyo
Java Black Disco 3 XS Auto - MY2008 - Leather, heated seats.
Series 3 Def 90 - 1993 

Post #45808823rd Apr 2009 2:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Al Cope is the man you want.
He mounted his to the grill.
Best to pm him and ask nicely.
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/member428.html
Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #45811323rd Apr 2009 3:32 pm
al cope

England 

Thanks Ron Thumbs Up

How heavy are your "big spotlamps"? As you can see, I've used the LR safari 5000's, which for their size, aren't too heavy. I just reinforced the bottom rail of the grill by glueing a piece of plastic about 8cm long behind where I wanted to drill the holes, and mounted them through there. (These are a single bolt type mounting). To help keep them steady, there is a small plastic strap fitted near the top of the back of the lamp that also goes behind the top grill rail.

Click image to enlarge

Hope that helps
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #45813623rd Apr 2009 4:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
in2tel

England 2005 LR3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverLR3
Thanks

Cheers Gents Thumbs Up

& Al Cope - you are a star, thanks for the photi, I'll be having a crack on the weekend. I've got some 8inch spots from Craddocks... I'd upload a photi - if I could work out how the hell to do it!

anyway thanks guys!

Post #45822523rd Apr 2009 8:32 pm
disco_doozle

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi in2tel,

If you want to mount them on the grill, be shure to do it they way Al Cope has done it.
I've, by means of test cause i will make wholes in the grill, bolted them (Hella FF1000) onto the middle bar of the grill.....and believe me, they do wobble....
So ...NOT to be bolted on the middle bar.

And for those who are gonna laugh with "Rudolf the red nose disco-deer"....it's gonna be painted black 8)

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
 Disco 3 TDV6 Aut. 7 seat, Zambezi silver, Privacy glass, Rosen A9 DVD, Tow-kit, K&N airfilter, Frontrunner Windcheetah + 4xHella Comet 550, tailgate ladder, 5 breaklights Smile, Performance BB6 17" + Duratracs 256/70R17, RLD Skid-plate, Traxide second battery setup, Lightguards, BAS EGR's blank kit, BAS Silicone hose, Black bonnet decal,  
Post #45834324th Apr 2009 7:48 am
al cope

England 

In2tel

just noticed your location, I'm just off the Hagley Road, so if you want to look at how mine are fitted, pop over.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #45834824th Apr 2009 8:18 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

8" lights might be a bit heavy for the grill, I have mine done a different way, see my first part of PDF here:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...l_Pt1a.pdf

HTH
Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #45841224th Apr 2009 10:31 am
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Off Topic Ian, have you done any fabrication on the plastic of the grill.
ie blending/bonding plastic onto plastic.
Got a 'grill' project coming up myself that requires doing this.
Might have to start a separate thread if not.
Thumbs Up
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #45843224th Apr 2009 10:59 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

funny yoiu should ask, I'm planning on doing the LR badge to the centre of the grill this weekend.
once I've removed the paint from the central area, I'll then shape the sticky out bit (that I'd cut off from the grill before for the right hand light) so that it fits on the middle bar. I had a Dremmel for Christmas, so very useful for this kind of thing.

My plan is then just to use araldite or something similar to bond plastic to plastic before filing (if necessary) and then re-spraying the whole grill.
I also need to get a new LR badge though as I took the green one off and forgot I had already used the black one Rolling Eyes

Let me know what you're thinking of doing, don't tell me the supercharged look Laughing Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #45843824th Apr 2009 11:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >