Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Spots Fitted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Spots Fitted

Well this evening I set about 3 tasks. I've been waiting to do them for a while as I've been waiting for the courier network to get some A bar brackets from Ray to me, they got delayed en route.

Anyway I set about doing:

Blanking off the front middle two parking sensors

Fitting LR Spots

Fitting metal A bar bracket from RLD

I've spent that vast majority of the evening taking the bumper on and off and on and off etc. trying to test each possible parking sensor solution. In the end I gave up and just did the spots and bracket. It all went well and was straight forward, but I did realise something tonight. The more bit you stick on the longer it takes to do anything.

I've got a sump guard, light guards, A Bar, Spots and Bracket. Now when you try and stick it all back together you have to fiddle to make sure the cables for the spots are fed through the grill you need to pull the grill forward to get it under the brackets, but the A bar is in the way, the grill does go in easily because the light guards stick out and once you've done all that, you have to put the sump guard back into place, which lying on the floor and lifting it with one leg while you try and locate bolts etc. isn't the easiest thing. Still it's all done and I'm very pleased with the results.

The brackets from Ray are great, I'm amazed at what a difference it makes and really impressed with the quality. Much better than the plastic rubbish that I've seen on some D3's, and much much better than f Censored all which is what I had previously. I just hope I don't have to take the bumper off again, it takes ages to do now.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #59182428th Jan 2010 1:27 am
DaveM

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Nice work stu! Thumbs Up

wouldnt it be easier to buy one with it all ready done?? Rolling with laughter

cheers
Dave

Post #59189028th Jan 2010 10:30 am
Dennisperry

United Kingdom 

Can you show me a picture?. I have been look around at a Discovery 3 yesterday and one I saw had extra big fog lamps on the front bumper. If they are the same can they come off easy?

Post #59189328th Jan 2010 10:37 am
BrianT

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Dennisperry wrote:
Can you show me a picture?.

a picture would be good.

Thanks

BrianT Thumbs Up
 MY 16 Landmark Santorini Black
MY 05 SE Adriatic Blue (Gone but not forgotten)

Post #59190228th Jan 2010 10:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chicken Duck

Vatican 

Thirded. Adn is Ray on here whom you got the brackets from? I may just do thjis.

Post #59199528th Jan 2010 12:36 pm
Stu

Ok I'll post some pics, but I'm sure you've all seen D3's with Spots on before, especially as they are standard LR spots and A bar (although the winch version)

Ray is RLD on the forum and makes all sorts of bits to go on the D3, from small brackets etc. like I've just got, to sump guards, tree sliders? (I think) anyway if you want / need something then give him a shout. I've suggest that he has a PDF of all of his products and prices, but I don't think Ray is keen to make it too commercial.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #59200028th Jan 2010 12:42 pm
Ken

The said parts are in the site shop via Martin Thumbs Up Parts & Acc

Post #59207028th Jan 2010 2:17 pm
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

You KNOW you are going to have to take the lights, Bumper, A-bar off when the winch comes through the letter-box Shocked Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

And maybe before then when you take up position as Orange Route Leader, going boldly where SB tries to send Reggie and me Shocked Evil or Very Mad Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

BTW what happened to the GB the GNVP 2 were organising Confused Did someone else pick up the mantec, sorry mantle and run with it Bow down

Oh well all I have to do is find a suitable A-bar...................but then maybe not. Wink
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #59207528th Jan 2010 2:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stu

Group by is dead as far as I know.

Well I'm looking forward to not leading for a change. I seem to be leading quite often, it will be nice to go at the back and watch the others have ago before I decded whether to have a go or not. I've only just got the fog light sorted after Salisbury, so I'm looking forward to a hassle free weekend. (Touching wood)
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Post #59208628th Jan 2010 2:39 pm
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Stu wrote:
it will be nice to go at the back and watch the others have ago before I decded whether to have a go or not. I've only just got the fog light sorted after Salisbury, so I'm looking forward to a hassle free weekend. (Touching wood)

SB please note the negative attitude and make suitable arrangements for Stu to do some Bala type driving...... Rolling with laughter

It is going to be a lorra, lorra laughs - just make sure Neil Snowden is NEVER within sight with his Censored ing camera when you demonstrate a crash and burn / super extend grounding or other feat worthy of putting on Youtube..... Mr. Green Yes I was the man McStuckie....... Twisted Evil Shocked Rolling with laughter
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #59209228th Jan 2010 2:50 pm
Stu

i don't think Neil has ever been stuck - to me that just means he hasn't been trying hard enough. No shame in getting stuck, it shows you're living on the edge. If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much room. (I think that was on a no fear T-Shirt).
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Post #59209728th Jan 2010 2:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >