DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Squealing/whistling noise from front wheel/suspension
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ashar1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Squealing/whistling noise from front wheel/suspension

Hi,

Has anyone come across a constant whistling or squealy noise on their disco3 when driving in 1st & 2nd gears. This seems to dissappear when speeding up i.e. I change into 3rd gear. Its seems to be coming from the front wheel area. As the streets round my area are quite built up I spend alot of time in 1st and 2nd gears and have been hearing this noise for the last few weeks! Not sure what it is!

Had the car serviced recently by LR and brake pads and discs checked as they were on 40% worn and don't do more than a hundred miles a week!

Secondly, occasionaly after coming to the end of a short journey (5-6 miles) I find that when I accelerate the V6 engine sounds very whooshy and loud, bit like one of those double decker buses when they accelerate. Normally its quite refined but it sounds very loud (not coarse) and certainly turns heads for the wrong reason. If I park up and start up a few minutes later the noise goes and the engine noise is quite refined. Not sure if this is normal that after a few miles a turbo cooler or fan kicks in to cool the engine?? Or is this something else..

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Ash

Post #44297623rd Mar 2009 6:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >