Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Stupid emails
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Stupid emails

It does make you wonder if anyone actually responds to these stupid emails promising vast wealth if you send all your details. I get a couple of these a week and this one is particularly bad.

“Hello,

I am Diplomat Michael Paul Pollard from the United Nations Security Council, UK Association and my diplomatic mission is based on Inter-Country shipments of classified items between North, South and Central American with other European and the Middle East Nations.

At this moment, I am in California Los Angeles, the United States of America for a Diplomatic Delivery of a classified material as requested by the Security Council Members.

However, I must confess that during my arrival at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), a routine check of all abandoned UN items was carried out with the head supervisor baggage service unit at the airport Storage Vault due to my role in diplomatic delivery missions and we discovered an abandoned shipment from Europe through transit at the London Heathrow Airport (LHR) which from the Customs X-ray Ultra Scan results reveals that an undisclosed sum of money in two metal trunk boxes weighing approximately 280 pounds with Assumptions of 5.5 Million to 6 Million Euros.

When i check all i can get is your email and Name on the trunk box at this point I will not be able to receive your details on my official email account. So in order words to enable me cross check your details, I will advise you send the required details to my "SECURED" email address which is (xxxxxxx@gmail.com & xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com) for quick processing and response With your Full Name, Address, Cell And Home Number and closet International Airport.

I wait your urgent mail if you are still alive.

Regard.
Mr. Michael Paul Pollard
Diplomatic, UN Security Council
Private Email:(xxxxxxxx@diplomats.com)”

Post #190117414th Jan 2018 9:22 am
200TDi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

hey, those are my boxes - why is your name on them!!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Pete

1965 S2a with Galv Marslands Chassis - Sold (BIG mistake)
1993 200TDi GS Green 5 Seat Manual - Broken
1993 200TDi GS Grey 7 Seat manual - Sold To Defender Owner to Use Engine
1999 TD5 GS Blenheim Silver 5 Seat Manual - Broken
1999 TD5 GS Oxford Blue 7 Seat Auto - Sold
1999 TD5 ES Epsom Green 6 Seat Auto - Sold
2007 D3 2.7 TDV6 XS Java Black 7 Seat Auto

1999 Swift Classic Coronette
2019 BMW X1 AWD Auto - SWMBO's Car

IID Tool BT 

Post #190117714th Jan 2018 9:28 am
Sea Raider

Oh, you'd be surprised.
There are quite a lot of gullible people out there.
Hundreds have been scammed after handing over admin fees to release the money won in the Spanish lottery, even although they have never set foot in Spain or bought a lottery ticket.
Either dimwittedness or greed or perhaps a mixture of the 2.

Post #190117814th Jan 2018 9:34 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

One person in 100 replies and the scammers make money off them, hence they blanket bombard email addresses looking for that one person.

Personally, I think the Banks have a bigger part to play in fraud. They make it very difficult to trace or reverse a transaction unless a request is received from the Police. If they did, certainly the local fraudsters would be out of business in seconds.

Apart from established people on here, I wouldn't use Bank Transfer, but that's it tbh.

Post #190117914th Jan 2018 9:36 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I had enquired on line about a package deal with a reputable large hotel and recieved an email which basicly said "Dear Navigator, if you send me your details I will forward our electronic brochure".

So I had to explain to the sender that she was apparently unaware that she already was using my details! Hope the kitchen is better organised!!
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #190120214th Jan 2018 10:29 am
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

There is some fun to be had here. Laughing

Watch what James Veitch does:

Thumbs Up
 2021 BMW iX3 Premier Edition in Carbon Black ⚡️🔌
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Post #190120514th Jan 2018 10:29 am
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

You’d be horrified how many people do fall for these....and people who are highly intellectual....

Fairly recently i’ve had two associates one of whom sent £6000 overseas and was awaiting the arrival of his new cheap super bike from Spain, the other who asked me to check out a new X5 that he was about to buy that was currently being shipped to the UK..... fortunately the latter I managed to head off at the pass in time but I had a hell of a time telling him it was all a scam....!

Couldn’t believe it as he is a clever bloke and so I thought streetwise.... Shocked

Post #190121114th Jan 2018 10:46 am
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Presume the bike never arrived? It would be fun to reply as per James Veitch does and copy the dialogue to this thread😂 everyone could contribute the next reply so we’d have a random dialogue going with the scammer. Oh dear! What have I started..........

Post #190122714th Jan 2018 11:01 am
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

The issue I have to keep telling those at work is never click on one of these.... they randomly spit out thousands of emails in the vain hope of hitting a genuine mail address...
By replying you open up the floodgates as you have highlighted that your mail is one that will receive...

Hence Veitchs comment of don’t use your own email address!

I have huge problems telling staff never to respond to a clear spoof email.... by sending back a response on a company email gives the spoofer all the layout and typeface of the headers and footers of a genuine company mail which gives the spoofer the next level to attack....

In my company of 2500 employees you would be horrified to know that our spam filters block 80% of all inbound emails to the business as spam attacks... and they are getting better and better every day!

The biggest risk now to my business is cybercrime and the threat of bringing down our IT systems... Shocked

Post #190124414th Jan 2018 11:18 am
Grunders

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

We at work get loads of phishing emails... there is always someone in the company who responds and copies the whole companies email address book...

We had a couple on Thursday allegedly from Amazon about an issue with an invoice, somebody replied “I don’t have an Amazon please remove me” and copied the whole company in.... Doh Banging Head
 If it ain't broke... Take it apart anyway, how else you gonna find out how it works  
Post #190125814th Jan 2018 11:36 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >