Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

SUBSTANDARD SERVICE ISSUE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ian franklin

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
SUBSTANDARD SERVICE ISSUE

After collecting from service today at Lookers Hadleigh, I just double checked the oil levels at home, and to my shock, the oil was not even registering on the dip stick !!

I then found a bottle oil oil in the passenger floor well unopened.

I checked owner manuel which states oil should between min and max mark,(am I correct)

I immediatly phoned them, but service was closed. The salesman said that the car would take time for the levels to settle !!!

I was very punchy with my reply and explained that is probably the only mechanical task of the service that any trainee, would be tought on his first day.

He then said I should purchase any extra oil and call back and not to worry as it not a big issue.

Monday is only two days away and I am looking for your comments of what I should do next

Just to add insult they insisted on £10 insurance for loan car, and even when i was told car was ready at 12.00 (brought in at 8.30) It still had not been cleaned, and requested a wait another hour...

Its likedealing with a real ford dealer

Post #2990926th Nov 2005 5:02 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The salesman is right, it does take a while to settle, and I would not be in too much of a rush to top it up yet. It takes very little oil to get from min to max on the dip stick and it is very easy to overfill it. I would wait until it has sat for at least 2 hours.

My dealer does not charge for courtesy car, but I have rarely got hold of one and I have to inform my insurance first. They do pay for taxi though.

Its a bit off if they tell you its ready, and it is'nt!

Post #2991026th Nov 2005 5:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >