Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Suggestions for D3 improvements
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
blaiseh

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

find the pop out cup holder on the passenger side makes a very good curry hook... it even comes with a curry warmer....
 2007 TDV6 XS Cairns Blue  
Post #10896911th Dec 2006 2:05 pm
Valleyforge

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Curry hook ?

Oh Christ, no curry hook ? Thats the main reason I bought the D2 for. never thought to check it out on the D3, just assumed it would be there.
Better go to B&Q & get a stick on one before mine comes next week. Or some carpet cleaner, just in case.
Laughing

Post #10901511th Dec 2006 4:29 pm
SIMON C

Wales 2008 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

I''m with DSL on this one, miss the hook on the D2. Have to drive the 20 mile trip with the indian between me legs,.
 D3 SE auto
D2 2 INCH LIFT, SNORKLE, CHIPED (and scratched)
AND THE WEEKEND TOY 90 3.9V8 AUTO FULL CAGE, WINCH AND LOTS OF EXTRAS! 

Post #10910011th Dec 2006 9:10 pm
SIMON C

Wales 2008 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Quote:
Have to drive the 20 mile trip with the indian between me legs,.

Thats not how it looks Shocked
 D3 SE auto
D2 2 INCH LIFT, SNORKLE, CHIPED (and scratched)
AND THE WEEKEND TOY 90 3.9V8 AUTO FULL CAGE, WINCH AND LOTS OF EXTRAS! 

Post #10910211th Dec 2006 9:16 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Anyway, my D3 is much better now thanks, after some juice from the D3 man.

He did mention something about most of his 'battery low' problems were from 'mums' watching tv with the engine off, waiting for their 'little harry's' to turn up, but thats mostly with the bling RRS's
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #10914311th Dec 2006 10:29 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I've got to agree with Blakey on his Ren****. I've got it on my German Engineering vehicle (not the one with three letters)
It's fantastic and has saved me some points on more than one occassion.
Variable on the move and able to switch between cruise control and speed limited depending on my needs. All easy to do and without having to stop!
Excellent. Come on LR it shouldn't be difficult to do. Maybe they'll save that til the 08 version to make me trade mine in!
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #10914411th Dec 2006 10:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dlm3

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Swerving back on topic...

What I'd like to see is:

- RFID tag key fob/engine start button (steal from Aston Martin, BMW etc Wink Simply get into the vehicle and press the start button - having the RFID tag on you allows you to open the doors and powers up the electronics until you press the start button. Press the start button again to turn off motor; lock the doors with the key fob and everything else turns off to save battery power.

- normal receiver hitch (instead of costly low-hanging accessory that can be scraped off)

- seat controls work without key in ignition/primary systems turned on

- improved seats - I like what's there (better than the D1/D2 electric seats), but the D1 manual seats were more comfortable on long trips.

- spring loaded gap filler panel in load space behind back seats covers 4" gap left in floor of 5 seat models when seats are folded so that dog paws and other things do not fall through.

- suspension can be adjusted without the ignition being turned on

- Right knob on stereo head unit tunes the radio station when not being used to scroll through menus (pressing the left and right arrows to tune an AM station is an exercise in aggravation... Hey Land Rover - Software update ???? Please???)

- Standard double-DIN audio head unit that does not prevent normal operation if removed and replaced with an aftermarket unit.

- Aux audio input w/ power in the glove box

- full iPod integration (tracks, titles & playlists) in the head unit

- Back-up camera standard with nav display

- LARGE (say, 15-17" diag) non touch-screen nav display. Yes, touch screens are in vogue, but the primary advantage to them is that they're cheap. Bezel keys and selection knobs are a better answer, particularly for something you might be attempting to operate in a moving vehicle. The large display is to enhance (believe it or not) navigation by allowing much larger, more detailed maps to be displayed in the driver's field of view (not to exceed the outline of the bonnet). Discoveries are used for going places less traveled - detailed maps are helpful, particularly when you can see at a glance where you are relative to where you're going, as well as alternative routes that you didn't think of at first. (keeping in mind that a proper paper map is a lot cheaper and does almost as well Wink)

- TDV8 option in the US (not that I'm complaining about anything other than fuel consumption with the 4.4L petrol V8 )

- Optional factory swing-away spare tyre mount and full size spare (can't stand both a compact spare and having it stowed under the vehicle - neither belongs on an off-road vehicle)

- Optional factory auxiliary battery and isolator with accessory harnesses for winch, radios, audio accessories & trailer in obvious mounting locations, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the D3 is a great vehicle all around. None of the above is a show-stopper, and fixing the more minor problems would simply make the permagrin even wider.

Post #10917212th Dec 2006 4:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >