Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Any suggestions please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ej

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Any suggestions please

Before I go any further I'd like to explain that I'm totally new to this site and the D3 . My knowlage of things mechanical is very low , as is my ability to make deceisions .

I really need your advice please . I'm tempted to buy a D3 but not sure what to do . Do I go for a brand new one and loose the vat when I drive it off the forecourt , or do i risk bying a second hand one thats one year old . ( one that might have caused problems to the previous owner )

if your able to help - then thanks

Post #3796518th Jan 2006 3:10 am
Non Stick Nick

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I bought one that was an ex-demonstrator. It had a few extras on and was about 5K chepaer than list. It was sixth months old. I am a very very happy chappy. The truck is ( and I had to use this tem because all the yanks do) AWESOME.
Nick
 I am a hob nobber.  
Post #3796718th Jan 2006 7:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Welcome to the site, don't worry we aren't all techy here, I don't know one end of a spanner from the other (that's what dealers are for) and computers frighten me a fair bit!

Problems seem to be less on the latest cars so if I were you I'd go for new there are some good deals about from what people are reporting. There was a piece in LROI this month saying the lower specs haven't sold as well as the higher ones and many dealers are doing excellent deals on these.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3797418th Jan 2006 9:16 am
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

ej, we have one of the first build (ie oldest) Disco 3, TDv6 S spec and it has never let us down or been back at the dealer for anything other than a standard 15,000 mile service. There is no doubt that some owners have had problems, so there is an element of luck involved in getting a vehicle that is trouble free. But even the owners who have had problems appreciate the almost unique qualities of this vehicle. It drives, rides, loads and looks superb. Once you have had one, you will struggle to get anything that can replace it and do everything it does.

If looking second hand, ask the dealer to print you off a service history for the vehicle. This will show any warranty issues (such as recurring suspension problems). Obviously avoid a vehicle that has had a troublesome past.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #3798018th Jan 2006 10:06 am
Andy4467

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I was looking for an early D3 SE as my budget was no where near the same spec new. However after ringing round a number of dealers to get a realistic price on a used car I eventually bought a new (in stock) vehicle for virtually the same money as a used car.
Balancing out the extra years warranty, being the first registered keeper with zero mileage it just didn't make sense to buy used - however this was 2 months ago and things may have changed - used prices down - new prices nearer to list!
I guess it will come down to your budget and the specification you want.
With the 06 plate just around the corner I wouldn't mind betting you could get a really good deal if you register before March.
Have fun searching.
 Some say the glass is half full. Others that it is half empty. I say 'Are you drinking that?"

Cairns Blue, Ebony Leather, SE
BMW 320d M sport 

Post #3798318th Jan 2006 10:41 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >