DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D3)

[Mechanical] Suspension Compressor Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 20 of 20 <123 ... 181920
Lumi

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Another suspension trouble

Hi guys,
My 08 D3 with 190K miles just gave me a major headache.
I had the yellow suspension light on and off for few months now, occasional rising slow, special programs unavailable and normal height only coming on from time to time but restarting the car usually fixed everything.
Yesterday I found the car being very bouncy and after a short drive just sitting on the floor, no joy on restarting the car, clearing faults or whatever. Red suspension light is now on.
The fault I have now that I have never had before are:

ENGINE TDV6
P0196-26 (2F) Engine temperature sensor circuit range/performance- General signal failure - signal rate of change is below the threshold
NAVIGATION
B1A00-49 (2F) Control module - System internal failure - internal electronic failure
SUSPENSION
C1A72-1C (AF) Front left height sensor mechanism - General electrical failure - circuit voltage out of range
C1A74-1C (AF) Rear left height sensor mechanism - General electrical failure - circuit voltage out of range
C1A75-1C (AF) Rear right height sensor mechanism - General electrical failure - circuit voltage out of range
VEHICLE DYNAMIC
U0421-68 (2B) Invalid data received from ride level control module - Algorithm based failure - event information

It all started slow, first was the front left sensor fault but after a few miles the other two appeared, strangely the fourth one is still ok ( as a fault) but corner are all down, I’ve checked the fuses and the two or three with a suspension sticker seems to be ok. Valves seems ok all at 0%, some residual pressure on gallery but I cannot pinpoint what it could cause the problem. I have the iid tool and I’m able to use my hands if someone of you DiscoGods Bow down could explain what to do.
Thanks

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Lumi on 12th Jun 2022 10:08 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #229513310th Jun 2022 4:44 pm
Lumi

Quick update

Did a bit of tests today, replaced the fuse under the glove box (that was apparently fine, I just dropped it while checking) and some errors are gone! 2 wheels are now with no fault but the third still give me the C1A75 error (rear right height sensor) and the Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery. This may help narrow down the culprit.
Thanks again

Post #229516610th Jun 2022 9:15 pm
tattoojay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Suspension rising slowly, any help appreciated.

Hi new to the site. I have a 2006 disco 3, 2.7 manual(had it for 3 years now). I have recently had the vehicle rising to slowly fault, now the ride height holds, it lowers as it should but when raising it raises very slowly back goes quicker than front but still very slow but still get to full height. I have replaced the compressor (AMK unit) and still have the same issue. would this mean one of valve blocks is faulty or something else. this fault came on all of a sudden no intermittent issues before hand thanks in advance.

Post #232359521st Jan 2023 6:34 pm
Lumi

Hi tattoojay, I would have a look at the central valve block, the one close to the compressor.
To a certain extent it’s normal that the back goes up before the front, but if everything is too slow and the compressor is new then probably a valve block is dirty. Get an O-ring replacement kit and before you touch the valve lower the car to the lowest height and if you have the iid tool empty the cylinder.

Post #23252713rd Feb 2023 12:38 pm
justmark

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Suspension woes

Bit of a long text so please bear with me.
Back in Jan 2021 I had the usual suspension fault C1A1364 and rebuilt the compressor and dryer using a kit from X8R which was very good. No issues until last September 2022 when fault codes C1A741C rear left height sensor mechanism, C112F72 Air spring valve and C113066 air spring air supply stated to come up, having checked the wiring and finding nothing and clearing the faults these faults stopped reappearing!
I now have fault code C1A1364 pressure does not decrease when venting gallery, I have replaced the compressor exhaust valve but still have the code appearing ever more frequently. Big Cry
The car also drops over night but not the the bump stops and raises when started by lifting the back then the front.
Does anyone have any ideas as I need to resolve before the start of the touring season as we've a tour planned of Scotland in mid April and I would'nt want to tow with this fault constantly coming up.

Post #23290185th Mar 2023 12:25 pm
kevofcov

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

sorry wrong thread

Post #233374518th Apr 2023 8:16 pm
C-Oakes28

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Suspension not raising but no faults ?!

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or similar ?

Havent done any recent work to the air suspension. Yesterday I left the interior lights on and the battery died, jump started it this morning and realised the compressor didn’t kick in and the suspension did not raise, when trying to raise suspension the compressor does nothing and I get “vehicle raising slowly” but it doesn’t budge an inch and no errors show up. I don’t have any errors present, Gap IID displays shows nothing. When trying to mess around with the IID tool the compressor did kick in once and it reached around 1780kpa 90 degrees (normal operation ? ) but the suspension didn’t move. I can manually raise the car in the valve test mode using the IID but nothing else.

Thanks in advance for any replies or help !

Post #234804816th Sep 2023 10:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 20 of 20 <123 ... 181920
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >