DISCO4.COM > General

Suspension Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 
Suspension Failure

Well my worst fears have come true. Last week Wednesday 9th I had to negotiate floods none of which were that deep 500mm max, a couple were only about 30m long and one being about 100m long.
Later that day on the way home about 120 miles to go the information display on the dash told me of a suspension failure, although the suspension was working fine. So I called my dealer, I was told to carry on home and drop the car off with them the next day. Next day on the way to the dealer (10miles) the suspension lowered to access height, the display still informing me of the failure. It did not tell me to slow down which surprised me but then again I was not going fast anyway.
When I got to the dealer the car was connected to the computer. The car would not communicate with the computer at all not even to test for other systems. The dealer then checked out their equipment and tested another disco3 and everything worked fine, so back to mine and still no communication. As the suspension was obviously not working the compressor was checked over, the outer cover was removed from the compressor and water ran all over the poor fitter, the cover has a foam lining inside, that was dripping. By this time it was well over 24 hours since the floods.
At this point I had to leave the dealership and carry on and get a replacement vehicle a 110 TD5 Van from SHB 4x4. Land Rover have agreed to pay £40 a day towards the hire of the 110 which is costing me £75 a day
The dealer called me today to say that a new compressor will be tried tomorrow but they are not holding out much hope that things will work.
So I called Land Rover customer care and discussed tactfully the low offer of £40 a day towards car hire, they then returned the call and offered an extra £5 per day!. Wow as you can imagine I thanked the nice man for the offer and said I would be in touch.
What annoys me is the fact that I have been patient with Land Rover over all the problems I have had with this vehicle. I use it for work carrying equipment, men and trailers. And when it fails they do not supply a similar vehicle whilst warranty work is carried out. If it was not for dealer J V Lykes, Hay on Wye, I would have returned this car long ago. I am seriously thinking of returning to a TD5 Disco.

Post #2809915th Nov 2005 7:32 pm
Pelyma

England 

When my compressor failed it was going to take potentially weeks to get the part, it was not until I threatened to reject the car and to off road the Vectra I had been lent that within 2 days my car was mended.

Now this was not the dealers fault, but LRs. However you are nobody to LR so your easiest remedy is to use the dealer to force their arm. I had and still do have a good relationship with my dealer, but business is business - you shouldn't put up with it. If you bought the car for a specific purpose and they knew it then you aren't being unreasonable are you?

Good luck and stick with it Very Happy
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #2819016th Nov 2005 8:07 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >