Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

suspension failure (don't exceed 30mph)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
roger hurkett

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
suspension failure (don't exceed 30mph)

Big Cry Last Wednesday, Suspension failure according to read out, although visual check seemed ok. Called 0800 # and a kind gent arrived within 2hours. Cleared fault on ECU and departed saying twas only a hick with the computer. Within a few minutes I moved the Vehicle and guess what, yes again. Stop and restart cures the problem but not for long. Thursday am drove 8 mls. to Gym, no problem. Attempted to drive home and yes the problem was back. Called 0800 again and arranged a second visit but this time a 3way arrangement has ended with me having a hire car whilst the main dealer sorts (I hope) the situation. Any suggestions?

Never used off road, but I do tow a 1.5 ton trailer on a regular basis in case any of the anorak greens are reading this.
 Ex. owner Dodgy Ram 2500 6ltr. Cummins, now owner c/be dodgy Disco3 Come back Toyota all is forgiven.  
Post #3840621st Jan 2006 6:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Exactly the same as my problem when I first got the car. The dealer had to replace a connector and a wiring loom to fix. No problems since. Now on 34500 miles. Error occured over a year ago, when the car had done 2000 miles.

Post #3841021st Jan 2006 6:34 pm
roger hurkett

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Thanks Gareth -

I've just been reading other suspension problems on the forum. I must keep my (er) fingers crossed. About 15 years ago had a new disco1, only kept it a year or so, spent too much time at the dealers. Since then, whilst commuting to Darlington each week and a quarterly stint to Mojacar Spain all towing the trailer, had 4 Landcruisers all doing about 100k b4 trade in. Other than a blocked fuel filter never had a problem.

Then (to save tax) purchased a Dodge Ram 2500, What a disaster, a 1948 chassis with 2000 coat. After 80km major problem which after spending a lot turned out to be the Bosch pump. Rebuilt by a 100% firm in Wimbledon the advice was to refrain from using supermarket diesel (reduced lubrication qualities) And I thought all brands of fuels used the same source (that was b4 the fire I guess). I now always use Millers additive with all my diesel power.

O/k so back to L/R, thats what I s/be about. After road testing both the new Landcruiser and Disco3 I considered that with Ford looking over L/R shoulders the Disco was by far the best buy. (GULP) Idea Question

Sorry for the rambling. Roger
 Ex. owner Dodgy Ram 2500 6ltr. Cummins, now owner c/be dodgy Disco3 Come back Toyota all is forgiven.  
Post #3842021st Jan 2006 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >