Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Suspension Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nhollandsmith

Poland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Suspension Fault

I have recently had the air compressor changed and since I have not been able to get the car to raise at the front.

I bought an Lynx Evo diagnostic tool in the hope of clearing the fault code but as soon as it is cleared after starting the car the suspension fault returns.

I can't drive it as can't get the nose up, what can I do so I can get it to a LR dealer??

On the fault codes, I have the following list: ECM Enging Control Module, IPC Instrument cluster control module, RLM Ride Level Control, ATCM All terrain control module, BCM Body Control Module.

I bought a replacement ride height sensor for the front thinking that could be the problem, are there ride height sensors on each corner??

Post #229163214th May 2022 4:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nhollandsmith

Poland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have the same problem right now and I don't seem to be able to find any solution.

I even replaced both front ride height sensors at the weekend and purchased a Britpart Diagnostic tool to clear the codes, but the same codes return and the compressor will not respond, so the front end is down and can't drive it, it is very frustrating and I have had no response to my recent message on here!!!

Looks like having to get the car recovered to a main dealer.

Post #229306225th May 2022 8:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
V8man

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I dont know the answer to your problem but there are loads of suspension threads on here, its got to be worth a search. Thumbs Up
Edit:
Sometimes when the compressor fails the desicant can get through the sytem and cause sticking in the valve blocks hopefully someone with more experience will come along soon.
 1996 Defender -died (now in landrover heaven😇)chassis to ashes , rust to dust !
2004 Defender td5 gone
2012 Evoque gone
2007 D3 V8 HSE 

Post #229309526th May 2022 9:12 am
GDM

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I have been having suspension problems. The compressor was re-built last year, it was fine for a while but then I started to get a fault code for it pressurising the system too slowly. It then stopped working altogether because the motor blew the 60 AMP fuse that provides a feed to the relay. Might be worth checking your relay and also checking the 60 AMP fuse.

Post #229330227th May 2022 10:57 pm
Doughboy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Baltic BlueDiscovery 3

There are ride height sensors on each corner.
You may need to check the calibration if you've had em off as that can play havoc.
If the pump was the original issue, it all should attempt to go up some degree.
I overhauled mine with the help on here a month or so ago and it went fine.
I did have it recalibrated by my indy thou.

Post #229330427th May 2022 11:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >