Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Suspension Fault - Stuck in Access Height (ECU Reset?)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
aragno

United Arab Emirates 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueLR3
Suspension Fault - Stuck in Access Height (ECU Reset?)

I have searched high and low using the search feature. I have the following.

On dashboard I immediately get the "Suspension Fault" error and the appropriate light illuminated on the dashboard- near tachometer. The vehicle is in "Access" height. When I push the switch to raise the vehicle and dings but nothing happens.

I use the nav screen to go to 4x4 view and graphic shows vehicle in Access height but the words above say "Standard". I drive the vehicle and it flashes between "Standard" and "Raising" but vehicle never raises. The LCD on the dashboard says "Suspension Fault" on the top line and the bottom line says "Normal Height Only" but never moves from Access height.

Anyway to reset the computer to at least allow me to get the vehicle into "Normal" height? Any tips of what might be wrong? I have been getting intermittent "Suspension Fault" messages but typically after driving in light off-road.

My first thought was Suspension Fault was due to a dying battery as I get the HDC Fault System Unavaibale error at each start-up.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated as the dealer here in Dubai will likely try to bend me over...
 2006 LR3 V8HSE  
Post #55146015th Nov 2009 4:55 pm
Spooky

United Kingdom 

I'd start by checking the fuses:

Battery Box - Link 10 (50A), Fuses 3 (5A) and 26 (20A).
Internal Box - Fuse 35 (5A).
 Regards,
Mick

- 2014 SDV8 Autobiography
- 'Vincent' - 2010 TdV8 Vogue SE
- 'Molly' - 2005 HSE Auto
'Dixie'
- 2000 D2 Td5 ES

Post #55146315th Nov 2009 5:00 pm
aragno

United Arab Emirates 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueLR3

Thanks. Is there a map of fuses somewhere? My wife is having to do this as I'm out of town and she's not a car person.
 2006 LR3 V8HSE  
Post #55147215th Nov 2009 5:16 pm
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

It sounds to me like the system has got confused with it's settings, so it might be a sensor issue? I would try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins and see if that resets it. This is just what I would try, I have no idea if this would work or not and is not based on any technical knowledge, just an idea.

I'm sure TFC or Wiggs etc. will be along and offer some real knowledge to help with the problem.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #55148115th Nov 2009 5:42 pm
D3Docker

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I had something very similar happen recently. Ended up being a stuffed compressor. I was getting the occasional suspension fault up over a couple of days and was playing around with it to try and figure out was going on. Put it in access mode the back to normal height and as it was about to go to normal height it stopped working. Kept on saying normal height only with a suspesion fault up permanently as yours did but obviously couldnt go their with the stuffed compressor. Got a new compressor and all was fine after that.

Post #55176016th Nov 2009 4:18 am
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I have the same "wobbly" d3 light on occasion after having air jacked one side a bit too enthusiastically, despite rear door open, the suspension let out all the air on the load bearing side. Despite up/down multiple times and full diconnect battery reset, doesnt seem to have fixed it. Will check all fuses tomorrow and failing that off to the dealer (again Evil or Very Mad ).
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #55211916th Nov 2009 9:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >