DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

suspension fault~updated
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
POINTYED

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
suspension fault~updated

hi peeps
all started about a week ago.driving into work with bunty on the radio then "bing bing"double chime and message saying suspension fault drive height only available,and an orange dash warning light.stopped the car,switched off,waited and then restarted.everything back to normal.then leaving for home from work later in the day i got the double chimes again and the same warning note.
following morning started driving then same fault occured again and its happened every day now and every time i start the car.suspension will go up and down until fault occurs then nothing.
i phoned barry( Thumbs Up )at strastones bury and he booked me in for next weds but my question is [at last]
is there anything i can do in between hand ie clean sensors ect to stop the fault showing or would i just be better just to leave well alone until it goes in
cheers
dunc Thumbs Up
 life is tooooo short.enjoy the moment.dont worry be happy

club BSS 

Last edited by POINTYED on 22nd May 2010 3:44 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #65146720th May 2010 9:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
POINTYED

update
suspension probs got worse.have had the cover off the compressor and its dead Big Cry .the car wont raise up off its belly.
been onto lra who sent an AA man out who said after a phone call to the AA tech guy i can drive but keeping speed down but i'm not to sure i like the sound of that.they offered to recover but could only offer a megane hire car which would have to go back on monday and all the way over to manchester airport.i think i'll pass on that one,and tbh given the current situation regarding work,the last thing i need is time away from the place.
still dont understand why lra are basically run by the AA Crying or Very sad
So now she's parked up till monday am when i'll drive to work then phone barry Bow down at strastone bury for a more aducated and reliable source of info.
dunc Big Cry

club BSS 

Post #65196122nd May 2010 3:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
POINTYED

update
well drove into work on access height even though 4x4 display said i was in normal height.one of the most uncomfortable drives i have ever had.phoned barry and he advise i phone lra and get them to take it in.well Shocked i actually got a landrover tech,i know,i was amazed too
he did all the checks he had to via his laptop[not like the good old days of getting your hands dirty],changed the relay fuse which had blow Shocked 60amp Shocked and said the car had a number of faults showing oh and suprise suprise the suspension compressor is dead.
he phoned through to get the AA to flat bed it up to strastone but when the fb turned up the driver went into panic mode coz he said he had a 2 1/2 ton weight limit and he thought my d3 would be to heavy coz of the added kit,so i compromised and took all the s Censored t i carry in my boot out and once on the fb it was just under weight Whistle
will update when i know more
dunc Big Cry

club BSS 

Post #65304225th May 2010 10:18 pm
POINTYED

SORTED Thumbs Up
big thanks to barry at strastone bury for sorting so quick
compressor pump changed
dunc Razz Thumbs Up

club BSS 

Post #65337326th May 2010 4:12 pm
Alan G

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Dunc, i don't know if there is anything to this but.

I had to call the dealer a couple of weeks ago about a possible problem with my D3, upon explaining the situation the dealers advice was to call LR Assist, but to make sure i asked for a LR person and not an AA type to be sent out, as the LR guy would be able to sort the problem there and then.

So don't know if it's worth anything next time around that you ask for a LR tech to be sent out?
 ATB

Alan

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bonzo676767#p/u 

Post #65339626th May 2010 4:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >