Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Susspension fault C1A13-64
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dreamacres

New Zealand 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Susspension fault C1A13-64

with Fault code C1A13-64. 8) Many threads on this I know. seems like a new exhaust value (solenoid) may do the trick. Question. How can I test this without getting one? Im in NZ so parts need to be shipped as the main dealers here make me vomit. I can get one for 17 quid in UK plus shipping

BTW its D3 2006, also have the fault code C1A20-64

Post #202831414th Feb 2019 2:32 am
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You probably have a Hitachi compressor, unless it has already been changed for an AMK or other. Assuming its the former, the most likely cause is a hairline crack in the cover of the air dryer. A new cover as well as replacement desiccant and filters will sort it should this be the cause.

Once you establish the compressor type, leak detection is a simple enough affair with the aid of a soap based fluid sprayed on the components if its not already obvious. It could also be either the valve block, (in front of the compressor) or the reservoir that are leaking. The same approach with a spray should reveal the fault. Sometimes a leak can be enough as for it to be heard escaping from the reservoir. Either way, its not a big problem to sort out, and is cheap to repair if a new compressor is not needed.

Diagnostic tool such as GAP IID needed for testing the exh valve
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #202831514th Feb 2019 4:02 am
dreamacres

New Zealand 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Thx for the reply. just checked the cost of GAP IID on ebay AU they are around $800! I will get out some soapy water on Sunday and have a look see. Its possible that the compressor is original, is there any way to know this?

Post #202831614th Feb 2019 4:36 am
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It would be rare if it was an original 2006 compressor but the mfg date is usually on the label?
There are other diagnostic tools such as iCarsoft which works very well on JLR vehicles, and will give you access to all the modules and live data for each one. What it can't do is allow you to trigger any component, or change/reset/calibrate anything. There is one newer iCarsoft tool which does allow service ind reset, but I think that's it. Still, its a good starter tool and will get you out of trouble, until if and when you decide to upgrade to a more professional tool like IID.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #202846614th Feb 2019 4:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >