Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

TDv6 getting better and better
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
TDv6 getting better and better

My TDv6 has just clocked up its 10,000th mile and in all honesty it is still getting better and better. It might be my imagination but the engine feels like it is progressively getting more responsive, smoother and still more satisfying to drive. It is a testament to the quality of this engine and the associated transmissions that as far as I am aware no one has reported a mechanical fault. When the TD5 engine first came out a lot were replaced under warranty due to various failures. It took well over a year before that engine was coming out of the factory fully "fettled".

It appears to me that all of the problems reported on the Disco 3 have their origins in electrical failures which would suggest that mechanically this vehicle is about as good as it gets. Wouldn't a Defender with a TDv6 under the bonnet be a real beauty ! Hopefully that wont be too long now.....
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #244317th Apr 2005 7:13 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Sadly the Defender will be getting a Transit 4 cylinder engine, not the TDV6 Sad

Although at £3525 for a brand new TDV6 it's an interesting transplant option (says he of the Td5 transplanted 90!) Rolling Eyes

It does help that the engine is a joint venture between Peugeot and Ford (as well as being used by Ford in the Jaguar S type) so should be a bit more 'polished' than a Rover developed engine (Td5) Smile

Martin

Post #244617th Apr 2005 7:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDuck

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I did my 10'000th mile about 1pm today and for the past week I have been thinking the same, more grunt & more finesse!
 D4 HSE
Blue 

Post #244917th Apr 2005 8:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >