Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Test Drive tomorrow, then the big talk! Any tips, advice?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Mellowman

Test Drive tomorrow, then the big talk! Any tips, advice?

Greetings from a newbie to the forum Smile

Have got a test drive tomorrow (James Edwards, Chester) and was wondering how to get the best out of it. Also, any advice for negotiating a good deal - are there discounts on these cars? I will probably go for the Freedom package as I'm not bothered about ownership, but the devil's in the figures I guess.

Thanks for any advice!

Dave

Post #1794618th Sep 2005 9:25 pm
BN

England 

Mellowman, welcome. The car is awesome, take a look at the events page for today. On road it is sheer fun. Inside it is enormous. Go for a long drive or even a day or tow if poss. Once driven purchase is imminent.

Post #1795018th Sep 2005 9:29 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Make sure you drive the car both around town and on the motorway....if the dealer wont lend the car for more than an hour go to one who will Wink

Post #1795418th Sep 2005 9:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Test Drive tomorrow, then the big talk! Any tips, advice

Mellowman wrote:
Greetings from a newbie to the forum Smile

Have got a test drive tomorrow (James Edwards, Chester) and was wondering how to get the best out of it. Also, any advice for negotiating a good deal - are there discounts on these cars? I will probably go for the Freedom package as I'm not bothered about ownership, but the devil's in the figures I guess.

Thanks for any advice!

Dave
Firstly, convince the salesman you're serious, not just looking for a way of filling your lunch hour... that way you should be able to get more than the standard 5 mile test drive...
I had to wait for 4 months for mine.... worth every minute of it!
they are an awesome piece of kit, calling them a 'car' doesn't even begin to describe a tenth of their abilities and certainly doesn't do them any justice Thumbs Up
you'll love it!
every Disco 3 i've seen is just as capable on and off road, it's just the level of comfort / toys that varies, today we had an 'S' manual doing everything a 'HSE' auto could / did do.... and afterwards, all regained their impeccable road manners on the drive home - brilliant... just brilliant!

Post #1795818th Sep 2005 9:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon.foster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The car is the swiss army knife of the auto world, a days offroading getting mucky and then 2 hours drive in luxury and calm on the way home, can't beat it!
 Disco 3 TDV6HSE Cairns blue auto
Defender 90 300TDi 1997 

Post #1795918th Sep 2005 9:41 pm
Mellowman

Thanks for the speedy replies so far!

I agree, it looks a real master of everything vehicle...

I do some very long journeys so comfort will be a big priority, and I shall make sure I can get all the warranty it's possible to get (being a former 1st-generation Freelander owner!).

Dave

Post #1796118th Sep 2005 9:45 pm
10forcash

With a name like 'Mellowman'.... your'e not Shaun Ryder are you? Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #1796318th Sep 2005 9:52 pm
Mellowman

10forcash wrote:
With a name like 'Mellowman'.... your'e not Shaun Ryder are you? Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL, must be an old git cos I had to do a Google search to find out who Shaun Ryder is...

Let's just say that even Radio 2 sounds too noisy to me Smile

Dave

Post #1796918th Sep 2005 10:37 pm
10forcash

Mellowman wrote:
10forcash wrote:

LOL, must be an old git cos I had to do a Google search to find out who Shaun Ryder is...

Dave
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter yep, old git myself (although not in a Dom Harvey or BN stylee) but I still feel the same as when I was 20, in a 'manchestoh' sort of way Wink  
Post #1797318th Sep 2005 10:45 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

10forcash wrote:
Mellowman wrote:
10forcash wrote:

Dave
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter yep, old git myself (although not in a Dom Harvey or BN stylee) but I still feel the same as when I was 20, in a 'manchestoh' sort of way Wink

Yeah but boy am I having fun in my old age Question
Dirty Old Man
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #1797518th Sep 2005 10:49 pm
newtolr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

When I had my test drive in June I borrowed the car for a weekend, the 1st of 12 different test drive vehicles and it won hands down.

I have had my D3 for a week now and have done 1300 miles with only two minor issues, bothe rectified now.

I find the car very comfortable and am doing a 150 miles a day at least.

Post #1798219th Sep 2005 5:55 am
Mellowman

newtolr wrote:
When I had my test drive in June I borrowed the car for a weekend, the 1st of 12 different test drive vehicles and it won hands down.

I have had my D3 for a week now and have done 1300 miles with only two minor issues, bothe rectified now.

Just got back from a very short demo ride on normal commuter-choked roads. No motorway, just a few speed bumps for rough roads.

I'll post a full resume later, but I'm not going to spend big money without feeling I really 'know' the car. Major downside is the lack of space for luggage with 7 seats, could be a deal-breaker...

The salesman said he knew I would be back to see him after I've tested the XC90, which I'm now arranging - we'll see!

Dave

Post #1801519th Sep 2005 11:08 am
BN

England 

Mellowman wrote:
newtolr wrote:

Just got back from a very short demo ride on normal commuter-choked roads. No motorway, just a few speed bumps for rough roads.

I'll post a full resume later, but I'm not going to spend big money without feeling I really 'know' the car. Major downside is the lack of space for luggage with 7 seats, could be a deal-breaker...

The salesman said he knew I would be back to see him after I've tested the XC90, which I'm now arranging - we'll see!

Dave

Dave see your point about the space, but unless you buy a bus, which vehicle has more space than the D3 with 7 full seats Shocked

Post #1801619th Sep 2005 11:10 am
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Also it has 7 adult seats not kids seats in the back!
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #1801819th Sep 2005 11:16 am
croyde

If anyone knows a car no longer than the Landrover or any other SUV/MPV that has luggage space with all 7 seats up, please let me know Laughing

Seriously though, there is a certain London cab co that runs a fleet of Fiat Ullysses that have 8 seats and a little luggage space behind the 3rd row, but would you want to drive one Laughing

Post #1802019th Sep 2005 11:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >