Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

U3000-55 (2E) Control module - System programming failure -
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
U3000-55 (2E) Control module - System programming failure -

Well it's got cold and my FBH on the D3 refuses to stay running, after starting from the third button remote kit I fitted a couple of years ago.

Normally it would start up and run for 15 minutes by pressing the 3rd button on the key and putting the lights on for 3 seconds. However this year it keeps failing to stay running, it will start and then after a few seconds shut down. When I check the faults with the IID I get

Auxilary Heater

B1D29-93 (2E) No start, even after restart attempt - Component failure - no operation
B1D34-68 (2F) Heater in lock out mode - Algorithm based failure - event information
U3000-55 (2E) Control module - System programming failure - is not configured

If I clear them and try again with the third button it will again start and shut down again after a few seconds or sometimes will stay running and heat up successfully. The battery seems fine and if the fbh stays running the car will start. If it won't start I can keep trying the routine and eventually get enough heat into the FBH it seems to stay running.

Annoyingly the engine Glow Plugs are on the fritz so starting it is taking some work.

Has anyone seen this error before or is it just a red herring and do I just need to service the FBH?
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #23545771st Dec 2023 12:12 am
darrind

FBH Controller...

For Reference - this is the type of FBH controller fitted

Click image to enlarge

There is a jumper inside it that you can reposition to reset the FBH faults however it doesn't seem to do anything..
Post #23545781st Dec 2023 12:24 am
darrind

No one got any ideas??
Post #23550975th Dec 2023 9:37 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

If it starts and then quickly dies there's a diagnostic "issue" detected during start up involving either the glow plug, fuel pump, or other component such as the temp sensors. Your best course now would be to use the WTT (free) diagnostics to interrogate Webasto system and find the "actual" fault code rather than that offered by GAP or generic diagnostic tools!

The software will also allow you to clearly see and monitor all the parameters of the heaters operation as well as stored faults.

GAP is a great tool, but it's very limited for this system and can only give you basic interrogation and functionality options.
You've been around here a lot longer than me, and so I'm sure you are already well aware there is further information on the above to be found here.
https://www.disco3.co.uk/wiki/Fuel_Burning_Heater
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #23551126th Dec 2023 2:05 am
Worms

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: FBH Controller...

darrind wrote:
For Reference - this is the type of FBH controller fitted

There is a jumper inside it that you can reposition to reset the FBH faults however it doesn't seem to do anything..

It is possible that your controller will only do the same amount of resetting as the IID tool. You really need the WTT software to clear the faults, although it is always worth trying the fuse removal trick.

I think your first code simply refers to the FBH not starting - if you look at the live values on your IID, you will see it make two attempts to start. When it doesn't start on that second attempt it stops trying and records that code.

When you start the ignition again it will run through the same two attempts procedure, but if you start the ignition for a third time and it fails the two-start attempt for a third consecutive time, the FBH goes to lockout and records your second code. That is the code that you can sometimes clear by removing the FBH fuse. But sometimes it needs the WTT software to clear it. I suspect that it also sometimes clears by itself, so there may be a start-attempts or time based algorithm in the Webasto software that clears the fault code on its own after a set period.

But as Profsr G says, you really need to be able to use the WTT software to get access to the Webasto data.
 Previously:
2010 FL2 TD4e GS
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW - still got this, non-runner on SORN.
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel 

Post #23551156th Dec 2023 7:29 am
darrind

Thanks - oddly the third message the U3000-55 one is the most frequent one - often this is the only one that appears, ironically since I’ve posted here it’s been running fine Laughing Laughing
Post #23554519th Dec 2023 11:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >