Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Things DO happen in three's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Things DO happen in three's

As is usually said, things always seem to happen in three's.
Well I've had my run of bad luck recently.

1] Got myself a prolapsed disc [on 09/09/09 of all dates] bloody agony at the time and still out of action.

2] A couple of weeks ago some lowlife scum tried [unsuccessfuly] to break into my house.
They were after my keys to steal my D3 ... the effing Censored !!

3] My wife was up at my daughters house on Fri evening. A knock at the door and a young bloke saying 'sorry, I've knocked your mirror off whilst reversing'. Unfortunately it wasn't just the mirror but he bent the door and the front wing. Cost to repair the damage to her car - £2k !! At least the guy had the decency to knock on the door to say what he did - he could have just driven off. Thumbs Up

So that's my three over with.
Just waiting on my run of 3 good things to happen now.
Somehow, I won't hold my breath. Rolling Eyes
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #54314231st Oct 2009 4:46 pm
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ron, on the upside it is good that the bloke stopped. I know so many people that have had their cars damaged and nobody has stopped or left a note. So although your recent events have been negative, take some heart from the fact that there are some people with good intentions out there!
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #54314631st Oct 2009 5:08 pm
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

At least he contacted you. Wife was sat parked in the local hardware shop this afternoon and watched an elderly blue rinsed woman scrunch her way down a parked car in the car park. Knew that something was wrong, left without leaving any details - the person who came out and looked at the damage was so pleased, but even more so when she was given the registration and details. Why do people do this? We all have insurance and it's not personal. Sad

Post #54315131st Oct 2009 5:16 pm
Stu

I had something similar, I had just pulled into a space in Sainsburys and was about to get out of the car, but waited as a car was pulling into the space next to me. I'm glad I did because the car scraped my rear wing. I waited to see what the other driver would do, they got out of their car and walked towards Sainsbury's, when I spoke to her she claimed she didn't hit my car. I owned a bright yellow Seat Leon at the time and when I pointed out the yellow paint on her bumper and the scratch down the side of mine she couldn't deny it.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #54315531st Oct 2009 5:22 pm
flinty99

England 

I bet scratch increase the value of the Leon though Stu Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 For details on the next Kielder Safari click visit the Kielder Safari website

Sold: HSE-G4, Tangiers Orange. (one of your 5 Discoverys a day)

Member of CFT 

Post #54316331st Oct 2009 5:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stu

Oi! Flinty I loved my Leon, it was chipped and output 225bhp, so it was a great drive. The only car I've ever owned where I experienced what torque steer was. In terms of cars that I've owned it was one of the best, I might even get another one, I only got rid of it because of the ammount of miles I do and the fuel economy. Before you say it, no I didn't get the D3 instead, the D3 is the family / weekend car.

At least FLinty can't take the mick with it being bright yellow, in his G4 in subtle Orange!
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Post #54316931st Oct 2009 5:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >