Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

throttle delay (again)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I've ordered a set from eBlag, Item number: 150377881669
Not received the item yet though so I can't vouch for the quality but the description seems OK and it's not going to break the bank, I just hope it's (I'm) not going to break my car when I come to fit them. Whistle
 Clive

Last edited by crwoody on 13th Oct 2009 12:28 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #53387013th Oct 2009 12:06 pm
NIDisco3

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for that.. just ordered myself a set. Now need to get someone to fit them Embarassed

Post #53387913th Oct 2009 12:19 pm
Archeci

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I bought a set of the ones on Ebay, from the supplied instructions they seem fairly easy to fit.

However I have decided whether wisely or not that I am not taking the removal route, but am going to have both EGR valves replaced.
Our Discovery has this morning been inspected by Duckworths, who I found to be very friendly.
I had booked the car in owing to its gradually decreasing acceleration, knocks from front suspension and tracking issue.
As my car is a year out of warranty I am biting the bullet and digging deep a decision made as I plan on keeping the car for some time.
Its going back in a couple of weeks for the work to be done including replacing both EGR valves, both lower ball joints, front and rear anti roll bar bushes, rear upper suspension bushes and four wheel alignment. Oh and not forgetting one of the two horns isnt working either!

I am booking a surgeon to remove the required arm and leg!

Lee
 Tonga Green TDV6 S

Remember laughing or smiling confuses the management. 

Post #53583117th Oct 2009 3:28 pm
Barry C-All

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
Throttle delay

I have also got a delay when reappling the throttle at 20/30 MPH.My D3 is a MY08, and I thought that I read somewhere that from 08 onwards,fitting EGR blanking plates would put the engine management light on. Has anyone had the experence?. Neutral

Post #5454604th Nov 2009 12:35 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

al cope wrote:
you get a slight throttle delay type affect when coming off the throttle, then back on again, caused by EGR recirculation
Al
This isn't EGR, it's VVT normal operation, basically when you come off the throttle, the VVT 'winds off' to allow fast initial spin-up but with low boost, it then has to wind up to full boost, the VVT does allow transient overboost but only for a limited time before it winds off to it's default position. The Torq-Tune remap modifies this behaviour to greatly reduce the 'on boost' time from hitting the 'go' pedal Wink  
Post #5454654th Nov 2009 12:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Archeci wrote:
However I have decided whether wisely or not that I am not taking the removal route, but am going to have both EGR valves replaced.
Our Discovery has this morning been inspected by Duckworths, who I found to be very friendly.
I had booked the car in owing to its gradually decreasing acceleration, knocks from front suspension and tracking issue.
As my car is a year out of warranty I am biting the bullet and digging deep a decision made as I plan on keeping the car for some time.
Its going back in a couple of weeks for the work to be done including replacing both EGR valves, both lower ball joints, front and rear anti roll bar bushes, rear upper suspension bushes and four wheel alignment. Oh and not forgetting one of the two horns isnt working either!

I am booking a surgeon to remove the required arm and leg!

Lee
I can give you a competitive quote for all the above bar the four wheel alignment Thumbs Up  
Post #5454664th Nov 2009 1:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Has anyone blanked off the EGR's on a post 07MY yet?

Had a nosey through my diagnostics and it list a fault codes for EGR insufficient flow. Obviously not a problem on pre 07 (EU3 engines) as the engine management light stays off anyway, but always come on when there is a faulty valve on post 07's

Would be interested to know if anyone has done that yet
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #5454964th Nov 2009 7:42 am
Archeci

Well wisely or not I have had all the work done at Duckworths.

I am very happy with the result, the Disco is now much smoother to drive with no sudden surge as you hit 2500 rpm just smooth acceleration. It also feels much tighter and firmer with all the bushes and ball joints replaced.

Very happy with the result, and Duckworths service. Just need to give the Disco a good clean now.

Lee
 Tonga Green TDV6 S

Post #5455484th Nov 2009 10:22 am
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

crwoody wrote:
I've ordered a set from eBlag, Item number: 150377881669

Have you fitted them yet Mr. Woody Wink

Post #5457534th Nov 2009 5:25 pm
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I know Disco_Mikey disected a couple of EGR valves to see what faults were causing problems, but I believe they were beyond repair, but is anyone repairing EGR valves? In the US they repair some makes but I can't find any for LR3 (D3)

With the amount of faulty ones coming off Land Rovers it could be a good business for someone Wink

Post #5457564th Nov 2009 5:29 pm
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Lee, no not fitted the blanks yet, I thought I'd best wait until after the brake servo & fuel pump recall work was done and I'd given them another chance to look at it, anyway the job was done yesterday and they said there was nothing wrong with the car in terms of the throttle delay, no faults logged and "they're all like that anyway". Rolling Eyes
So I guess its a job for the weekend if the weather's OK.
I'll keep you posted.

Clive
 Clive

Post #5457894th Nov 2009 6:26 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

BrumLee wrote:
I know Disco_Mikey disected a couple of EGR valves to see what faults were causing problems, but I believe they were beyond repair

Almost Wink

I sent them to ridgebackmoor who disected them. The thread is still floating about someplace though Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #5458244th Nov 2009 7:32 pm
Archeci

I was told by the dealer that one of my valves was stuck open, saying that I was also told they had rotated the wheels as a part of doing the alignment but having washed the car today (and knowing which wheel was where previously) I know they havent!

Lee
 Tonga Green TDV6 S

Last edited by Archeci on 4th Nov 2009 9:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5458534th Nov 2009 8:06 pm
roverdrive

England 

I have a slightly different throttle delay issue.

Mine ( 2.7 auto ) seems to hold the throttle open for a second or two before the revs die off.
This only happens at small throttle openings - typically about 1500 rpm.
Linkage and pedal seem to be free, with no binding.

Have asked the dealer to have a look at the diagnostics, and apparently mine has the latest updates etc, and they could find nothing wrong.

I was wondering if this was a bodged "fix" to overcome the previously reported throttle lag?
It is ok once you are used to it, but was a bit unnerving at first as my previous 07 model didn't do it.

Post #5459084th Nov 2009 9:32 pm
Barry C-All

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hi there roverdrive, my 08 D3 also has the same symptom that you describe, but it is only ( it seems ) evident on first start up and before the viscous fan has disengaged,and is still audible. Once the fan noise recedes, the hanging on ceases. Neutral Neutral

Post #5460575th Nov 2009 12:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >