DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

Tip before crossing a Ford
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ROYLANCE

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Tip before crossing a Ford

LOL
Headed over to Moreton today whilst on hols in Dorset with the family, the Mrs went ballistic when I started crossing LOL Laughing she thought i had stopped and was turning round, wish I had done an in car vid now.
Anyway a bit of a tip - make sure your front number plate is secure because mine flew off and headed down the frome or whatever the river is called.
I used my noggin and sent my young lad after it on his body board, soon recovered.

Good Ford well worth a trip if your in the area, and a good track out through the forest north.
 2007 RS4 Avant
Gone just when it was looking so good - 2010 HSE, Nara Bronze + RLD dogs danglies Sump PLate & spare wheel protector + Side Steps + Wiggs Remote Climate + 20" Genuine Stormers + Cooper LTZ Bad Boys + Landmark Black Gloss Grille & Vents + Black Gloss Door Handle Skins + Cubby fridge + Sliding Rear Loadspace 

Post #9393086th Jun 2012 10:35 pm
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Laughing i done the one on exmoor few years ago lro weekend , big ford next to the tarr inn i think ,( tarr steps) it was great , but big step up out of food , a fl lost its back axel on way out .
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #9393186th Jun 2012 10:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Bloomin' tourists..... Twisted Evil

Yes it's the Frome, and that ford is a couple of hundred yards from my place (hence reference to the next river in my slightly edited location on here) River runs across the bottom of my garden Thumbs Up

Thanks to LRO publicising it every year we have real problems with the high-lift brigade driving up the river, through the SSSI and trout beds, but on the whole its a cracking ford and when driven well can be a crowd pleaser and wifeworrier. Whistle

Glad you enjoyed it and if you're ever passing on a weekend, drop me a pm Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #9393216th Jun 2012 11:21 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

stew 46 wrote:
Laughing i done the one on exmoor few years ago lro weekend , big ford next to the tarr inn i think ,( tarr steps) it was great , but big step up out of food , a fl lost its back axel on way out .

I did that one in a Peugeot 306. That was, um, "interesting"
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #9393306th Jun 2012 11:47 pm
ROYLANCE

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Hey no problem
I will pm you next time.
Lovely spot mate so jealous
Spent Sunday mountain biking from Branksome to Corfe castle and back , great ride .
I'm down quite often now since my brother moved onto the avenue at Poole.
Plus I've been holidaying in purbeck every year without fail since I was a kid and now taking my own kids.
I swear you cannot beat it for holz, there is no better place period.
I tried not to disturb the environment too much I Didn't venture off the ford and kept it slow heading north cause I know some people only need an excuse to poo poo us 4x4 guys.

Id love a run in my D4 on bovington tank training ground.
 2007 RS4 Avant
Gone just when it was looking so good - 2010 HSE, Nara Bronze + RLD dogs danglies Sump PLate & spare wheel protector + Side Steps + Wiggs Remote Climate + 20" Genuine Stormers + Cooper LTZ Bad Boys + Landmark Black Gloss Grille & Vents + Black Gloss Door Handle Skins + Cubby fridge + Sliding Rear Loadspace 

Post #9393316th Jun 2012 11:49 pm
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

haha i bet it was , had a d2 com then for towing the digger so it didnt matter if we dented it , we had a good weekend up there Laughing
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #9393336th Jun 2012 11:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Re: Tip before crossing a Ford

ROYLANCE wrote:

Anyway a bit of a tip - make sure your front number plate is secure .

That makes me think they aren't screwed on too well. I did something similar two days after getting the new car. Drove through a big ford in my area. Afterwards, a couple of people sort of waved as we drove home. Front number plate was hanging vertical attached now by just one screw. Embarassed

Post #94277515th Jun 2012 7:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >