Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

New owner with two bugs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gator996

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 Base 5 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
New owner with two bugs

Greetings from the U.S. folks. New owner of an 05 LR3 SE with two tech questions.

Firstly, the PDC indicator on the dash is flashing and there is no sound when in reverse. It worked great when I first bought it but now it's not. I tried to install the tow hitch recently but realized I needed the hitch key so it was never fully seated in. Could I have damaged something back there?

Second new issue. When in the 4x4 information screen on the nav unit, there is a small icon on the bottom of the screen that shows two wheels with a dotted line between the. The box surrounding the icon used to be green but now it's red.

Any advice on these issues? I have performed searches but have not found any results.

Thank you a all in advance.

Post #122365125th Jan 2014 3:34 am
jaws_172

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 3

Greetings and welcome!

Not too sure about the 4x4 info myself,someone will no doubt be along with greater knowledge that I.

However, maybe give you stuff to check on the trailer side. Assuming you have the official wiring kit... The wiring for the trailer sockets are located in the rear left cubby area, in there is a load of fuses and also connectors, where the detachable type hitch is kept.
The indicators are the single box of 3 wires (purple,green,yellow), if you have been digging around in there for the tow hitch it's possible a loose connection. I'd suggest you have a rummage and check everything is securely connected first. Failing that get a multi meter out and test for indicator signals,start at the plug pins ( earth is 3 and indicators are 1 and 4 ) and then the same internal connector of 3 wires.

Hope this helps.

Jaws

Post #122365325th Jan 2014 3:59 am
jaws_172

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 3

As an afterthought, what type of lights are on the trailer you want to connect up? LED or bulb?

Post #122365425th Jan 2014 4:12 am
Gator996

Thank you for the quick reply. I never actually hooked up my trailer yet, only installed the hitch. I know that the sensors are disabled when towing so I removed the hitch and the sensors still don't work. The dash indicator still flashes. I checked the fuses and also checked for codes. None present. I am stumped and can't quite fathom why the PDC stopped working so suddenly.

I don't really need the PDC but it drives me nuts knowing it's not working properly.

Post #122410526th Jan 2014 12:06 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Maybe

PDC issue is the rear bumper / fender harness...this for before it was renewed gave for me all sorts of weird results sometimes "buzzed" correctly & sometimes it told or buzzed lies.
In the pursuit of fixing mine I swapped out the controller box for this (on the incorrect advice of the main dealer near to me here)...so I have a spare control unit that is A-OK up for grabs if you need it. You have to take the trim off that is behind the drivers side rear door (which means undoing the lower seat belt bolt (needs large Torx bit to do this).
you dealer can hook your L3 up to the computer that analyses the system & reports faults...worth doing as it saved me lots of "lets change it may fix it" trial & error.

The 4WD indication - issue...it may just be the possibility your L3 has the locking rear diff....which was an extra to fit here.....how you switch this on & off isn't a known to me...maybe its a function of the "knob" & then comes in & out automatically or maybe a fault on the this feature...someone on here will no doubt report the facts & the fix. The only worry to me would be the L3 has the rear diff locked & you are driving on "made" roads...not good
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #122418926th Jan 2014 10:45 am
Gator996

Well, I did solve the icon issue. It is supposed to be a red highlighted box. All is well.

I will have the dealer see it they can pinpoint the PDC issue before I throw parts at it.

Thank you gents!

Post #122477827th Jan 2014 1:21 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
you can have the control box I have for free

......if its any good to you...
mail me an address
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #122479627th Jan 2014 8:37 am
Gator996

Amazing offer. Would you be willing to ship to the States? I can cover shipping if you would.

Post #122496427th Jan 2014 2:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >