Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Airbag Warning Light Solved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CoopLR3

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Airbag Warning Light Solved

The Airbag warning light on my LR3 has been wonky for years. Every once in a while I've tried something posted in the forums to fix it but no joy. This includes checking the pretensioner, console, B pillar, etc. I gave it another shot this weekend.

While re-routing the wiring harness under the drivers seat I found 2 broken wires. One was white with a blue stripe, the other was red. Both were twisted together deep in the harness. The wiring diagram shows this pair of wires as Air bag-Side-LH (U108). I soldered the breaks and success! The airbag warning light is off and no current codes.

The airbag fault codes that I had were...
B1A00-16 - Control module - General electrical failure - circuit voltage below threshold (28)
B0001-1B - Driver's frontal stage 1 - deployment control - General electrical failure - circuit resistance above threshold (28)
B0002-1B - Driver's frontal stage 2 - deployment control - General electrical failure - circuit resistance above threshold (28)
B0020-11 - Left side air bag deployment control - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground (28)
B0020-1B - Left side air bag deployment control - General electrical failure - circuit resistance above threshold (AF)
B00D2-87 - Restraint system malfunction indicator 1 - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message (2C)
U0155-87 - Lost communication with instrument cluster control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message (28)
U0122-87 - Lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message (2C)

I was attempting TSB LA501-025 for re-routing the pretensioner wires, but the TSB wasn't very clear so I gave up. Instead I began re-routing the large harness in front of the DVD Nav player. It tends to drag on the floor or get pinched in its attachment frame. Sometimes if I wiggled it, the airbag light went out. If anyone has a clear write up for the pretensioner TSB or a picture of the large harness properly routed I'd be grateful.

Post #234501713th Aug 2023 9:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >