Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Heated Windscreen - Broken Ribbon Connector
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bookert

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Heated Windscreen - Broken Ribbon Connector

As others have found over the course of time the heated front screen on my D3 has slowly become less reliable, to a point where none of the elements work at all on the drivers side and only a few on the passenger side. I've read through a number of posts to see what others have found. Having checked the fuses are ok I took off the A-pillar trims to check the supply voltage to each side of the screen and to see if there was any corrosion on the spade connectors. I was surprised to see that one of the ribbon cables to the screen had parted company with the moulded plastic spade connector that connects the screen elements to the wiring harness.

At least that explains why the screen on one side isn't heating but does anyone know if this is repairable? Or is it down to a windscreen change - if I just can't do without a heated screen! To be honest its a mystery why the ribbon cable has broken, it almost looks like fatigue but perhaps is just down to 13/14 year old wiring.

I suspect a new screen is the only solution, since even if the ribbon connector is repairable I will still only have half a heated screen. And on a 13 year old car it is difficult to justify the cost.

Any thoughts?

Tim

Post #202179724th Jan 2019 11:39 am
LR3norway

Norway 

You can't justify a new windshield? Its normal to change it now and then. Get your self a stonechip.

Post #202181424th Jan 2019 12:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >