Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Fuel pressure issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bob22

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Fuel pressure issues

A bit of help needed please
Disco 3 tdv6 2008 180k miles
A couple of weeks ago my disco cut out with no warning, was towing a fairly light trailer.
Plugged in my reader and it came up with P0001-13 Fuel volume regulator control module - circuit/open
A bit of research indicated this to be an issue with the hpfp, fuel rail pressure was at about 8000kpa when cranking to start which I believe should be about 15000 kpa, also sensor on hpfp was returning 38 ohms resistance rather than 1.5 - 15 ohms as per spec
I fitted a replacement hpfp but still no luck starting, the p0001-13 code has now gone to be replaced by 2 others
P0191-23 fuel rail pressure sensor range/performance
P0407-21 exhaust gas recirculation sensor B circuit low
Any thoughts on where I go next with this? I don't really want to keep throwing parts at it although a new fuel rail sensor looks likely. It had a new fuel filter 3 months ago but I guess that's a possibility and cheap to replace
Many thanks
Bob

Post #23443995th Aug 2023 12:23 pm
MancoGX390

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

May be completely off here but have you tried checking the feed from the low pressure pump up to the Schrader valve under the bonnet both for flow and pressure?

I had to replace my low pressure pump two weeks ago due to bad starting and random cutting out. My problem was low pressure and flow. Give it a try! Can check the amp draw from the fuse box it's fuse number 1 and it's a 25amp. Healthy pump can draw between 4-8 amps and deliver 7-10psi to the valve.

Post #23446568th Aug 2023 5:09 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

check the resistance of the replacement part. and check the electric connector is fully pulled in home

Post #23446598th Aug 2023 5:28 pm
Bob22

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

MancoGX390 wrote:
May be completely off here but have you tried checking the feed from the low pressure pump up to the Schrader valve under the bonnet both for flow and pressure?

I had to replace my low pressure pump two weeks ago due to bad starting and random cutting out. My problem was low pressure and flow. Give it a try! Can check the amp draw from the fuse box it's fuse number 1 and it's a 25amp. Healthy pump can draw between 4-8 amps and deliver 7-10psi to the valve.

Thanks for the reply, I'm waiting for a guage to be delivered so I can check the lpfp pressure at the Schrader, but 8n the meantime I'll certainly check the current draw.
Do you know what fault codes yours had?

Post #23446678th Aug 2023 6:32 pm
Bob22

Pete K I tested the resistance of the new part before fitting, just over 4 ohms so bang on within the range expected for a working part

Post #23446688th Aug 2023 6:35 pm
MancoGX390

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Bob22 wrote:
MancoGX390 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I'm waiting for a guage to be delivered so I can check the lpfp pressure at the Schrader, but 8n the meantime I'll certainly check the current draw.
Do you know what fault codes yours had?

Yes I do Bob. Mine had fuel rail pressure too low codes present. P0087 was present. Different to yours but could be related. Will yours start and run on easy start and stay running? Also is your low pressure pump noisy? Mine was absolutely humming. Sounded like a TD5's intank pump on a bleed cycle trying to communicate with aliens. My fuel pump gauze probably didn't help much mind.

Post #23446768th Aug 2023 9:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >