Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

clunk when accelarating or letting of the gas
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
will.i.am

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Keswick GreenDiscovery 3
clunk when accelarating or letting of the gas

so we have just finished a first leg (1300 miles in 2 days) of a european road trip and i have a wierd clunk in the drive train - noticable when over 30/40 and in lower gears but most noticable when you accelarate and decelarate when driving around at 50-60 in 5th or 6th.

It has got noticabley worse since when we started and i am worried that itis something more sinister than just a loose prop or cv etc. Are the diffs likely to come loose or is there anything that folk know is a common cause?

it is a manual and has a new flywheel and clutch so i definately think it is in the drive train somewhere.

be glad of some help if possible.

Post #22983984th Jul 2022 10:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will.i.am

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Keswick GreenDiscovery 3

so i got this osrted out. had the air con regassed so it now actually gets nice and cool in the car and had a good thourough check around the whole drivetrain. came to the conclusion that it must be a combination of a general bit of looseness in the drivetrain as there was nothing specifically loose or obvious. Also, i guess with the roads being 99% smack on as you drive trough france and germany that you are likely to feel much more backlash/looseness in your transmission just puerly as you are not fighting your way through potholes and uneven surfaces and the roads are that much better lol.

Click image to enlarge

Post #22987276th Jul 2022 7:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >