DISCO4.COM > FS: Other Vehicles

[Sold] Bailey Pageant Loire 2009 Twin Axle Caravan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
James W

United Kingdom 
[For Sale] Bailey Pageant Loire 2009 Twin Axle Caravan

Bailey Pageant Loire 2009 Twin Axle Caravan

Six Berth (Fixed end double, double bunk converted from dinette area and two front benches/double bed)

I’m selling our caravan which has been well loved and used several times a year by us since we bought it in 2017. Overall the caravan is in a lovely, cared for condition especially for its age. It is clean, smells fresh (not musty) and has not been smoked in and has no doggy smells etc.

It's big – I think pretty much the biggest standard caravan you can get and tows wonderfully on it’s solid Alko twin axle chassis, with electronic stability control (ATC).

Everything is in working order. The only thing I’ve not tried recently is the hot water on gas but it did work when I tried it out of curiosity a couple of years ago. The heating is blown hot air on 240v or gas. Water is 240v or gas. All working fine. Also in the last couple of years it’s had:

- New battery locker fitted due to old one having a cracked hinge
- New fridge elements
- New battery charger unit
- New side marker lamp assembly
- New toilet seals
- Extra LED lights installed for kitchen and replacement LED light units in bathroom
- 4 brand new tyres (to match original spec)
- New rear offside ‘steady’ mechanism

I’ve fixed things as soon as they’ve cropped up, and the van is always fully cleaned and emptied after every trip.

The power mover works fine, the heating, electrics, TV aerial, in fact everything works fine. There are the odd scuff and mark inside as per its age but we bought it in fabulous condition and have tried to keep that up. The motor mover was fitted not long before we bought it at which point it also received a new upgraded leisure battery.

Suits a full family or even just a couple, although that’s a lot of caravan for two, it means you can leave your bedroom set up, have a dinette for eating at and then your ‘lounge’ at the front. The front seats are plenty big enough to sleep on without making the full double up if you wish. Or sleep up to four kids and still keep a full double bed to yourself. All windows operate fine, and there are bug nets and blackout blinds on every window (including roof vents). Toilet converts to a very effective shower with a folding screen that comes across the front of the toilet itself. Toilet is standard cassette affair, all working fine. There is a huge ceiling window that opens fully – lovely in summer, and one over the bedroom, plus one in the bathroom. All have bug nets. There is a kitchen extractor vent too.

This van is roomy, and the very large kitchen (by modern standards) is great for those who love to BBQ and entertain others. We have used this in wales in below freezing temperatures too with a young family and everyone was fine and cosy.

The storage is immense – lockers down along each side, and the front, and the bedroom, the whole bed lifts up for storage too, plus under each bench. The front drawers have a slide out top that folds into a bigger table, and the is also a full sized freestanding table.

Kitchen had four gas burners, a gas oven and separate grille. There is a microwave. The fridge is a good size and there is an ice box section which I removed (it clips out) to get more beer in but you can replace it if you really need a freezer. There is an external gas point to plug your BBQ into, and an external 240v socket we used for awning lights and an extra beer fridge. There is a standard FM car stereo radio fitted but we tend to use the TV for music with a small soundbar. Smart JVC TV not included but negotiable. What you do get included is:

- Aquarolls for water and waste + pipes
- Electric hook up cable
- Wheel lock
- Hitch lock
- Two full sets of keys
- Two big propane bottles, one of which is over half full (I think)
- a 13pin to twin 9 pin adapter if you want it
- Original documentation pack and wallet

I have an inflatable Kampa awning and carpet which may be available separately – happy to discuss a deal.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Few issues – for full disclosure and honesty. There was a small bit of water ingress by the front window not long after we first got it due to a filed window seal (now fixed). It is now dried out but it’s left a small area of panelling ‘de-laminated’. You can’t see it unless you move the side cushion away. There is also similar in an area near the rear locker – again now fixed, you can’t see it as it’s under the bed but it’s dried out now. A few of the decals have cracked in the sun over the years. And finally there is a small crack below the locker area, it’s ‘external’ so doesn’t affect the integrity of the caravan and can’t let any water in (it’s only the front locker). It’s covered with tape but could be repaired with filler if you were very bothered. It’s worth noting that any problem I have had with these things has only every been with a ‘fitting’ such as a window or locker door. The caravan structure itself has never ever leaked or failed. It’s strong. The kitchen vent sometimes needs a bit of a wobble before it opens but I tend to open the kitchen window by the cooker anyway as it’s more effective.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Please note the caravan will also be advertised elsewhere. I will make a site donation if sold here. If you’re serious and want to come and have a look I’m happy to move it out into the drive for a proper inspection all around, and you can then also see the motor mover working. Also, I’m happy to do a video call and walk you around too if you like, show you everything in detail. PM to get in touch

Priced based on current market values for identical caravans - £7,850

Many thanks
James
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #23257937th Feb 2023 5:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >