Well arrived yesterday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
philtb

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Well arrived yesterday

Complete with sunroof this time.

couple of things though looking through other threads;

headrests dont move Crying or Very sad Censored have to play with seat position some more.....back problem means i like an upright seat however meant my head was jutting forward resulting in a pain in the neck / shoulders.

250 mile round trip yesterday mixture of motorways and A roads 18mpg ... i know its new and may need to loosen up put i was driving quite carfully, for me anyhow. although front wheels are black with dust now Surprised

apart from that enjoying it.

ps fuel doest bother me that much, but i thought it would be a bit better.

Post #5134431st Mar 2006 10:58 am
Tommyknocker

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
New Car

Mine is a week old and we are getting 22mpg and rising. I think it will take time to loosen up. We have a trip to Pembrokeshire over Easter so it will be interesting to see where we are then.
 06 Bonatti Grey HSE, Ebony Interior with Privacy Glass & Rubbing Strips.  
Post #5134831st Mar 2006 11:14 am
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

mines done about 400+ now and says average of 24.1 with town/backroads/a-road driving. I reset the average once on an a-road and it stayed at over 30mpg !!!! before I got off and into town Rolling Eyes
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #5139931st Mar 2006 2:50 pm
randalls

yes - and why dont the headrests move ? do LR now assume everybody is the same size ?
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #5140131st Mar 2006 2:53 pm
fakesnake

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

randalls wrote:
yes - and why dont the headrests move ? do LR now assume everybody is the same size ?

Yup, quite clearly. As some of the bunkum I've been sold from L/R over the last 18 months, I was told that my wife shouldn't lower the suspension every time she gets out as 3 air compressor failures were through overuse!

So apparently you cannot drive one of these vehicles if you are short & cannot have passengers that are children unless they have a step ladder!
 Richard  
Post #5141131st Mar 2006 3:47 pm
philtb

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

fakesnake wrote:
I was told that my wife shouldn't lower the suspension every time she gets out as 3 air compressor failures were through overuse! !

Shocked

reminds me of the report that came back from fiat after the turbo catastrophically failed in my coupe.

It said some thing along the lines of 'have studied the data in electronicthingymabob the failure of the turbo unit was due to the excessivly hard driving undertaken by the user.'

to which i replied 'the failure of said turbo unit, while we acknowlidge and are in fact quite smug re the comments of the users driving style, was due to fiat's wholly inacurate marketing of such a car as being a 'sports coupe'. this resulated in the user driving the car as such and therefore cannot take any responsiblity for the manufactures crap build quality'

sincerly....bla blah

simple....if you dont want us to do it, dont let us.

Post #5141231st Mar 2006 4:14 pm
randalls

hmmm clearly in that xxx million miles of testing - nobody let the suspension down to get out. Next time LR should let fakesnake's wife test it for 6 months Laughing

Post #5146931st Mar 2006 8:41 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

OK, i'll say it first - I would be quite happy to 'real world test' the next incarnation of the Discovery Shocked whatever personal pain and misfortune this may cause...
There, i've done it, bring it on LandRover 8)

Post #5147431st Mar 2006 8:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sign me up for a spot of that too please Land Rover Thumbs Up
 The End  
Post #516022nd Apr 2006 9:03 am
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

They do do that you know (real world tests on new models pre offical launch date). The very first day out in my D3 (in November 2004) I met a chap and his family running a D3 HSE silver / black leather. He told me that he had been using it for weeks (free of charge) and the deal was that he had to complete regular extensive reports to LR on how it went (and what went wrong). He also had to take it in for checks when "things" were measured. He was sad that launch date had now arrived as he was no longer driving such an exclusive vehicle that attracted a crowd everywhere he went. It was only after he left that I kicked myself for failing to have asked how he got such a great job.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #516062nd Apr 2006 9:23 am
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

10forcash wrote:
I would be quite happy to 'real world test' the next incarnation of the Discovery

Funny that... Judging by how often my car is in the workshop for some maintenance, I was quite convinced that I was part of that (in)famous "Real World Test"... Wink

Right now, I am driving a Freeloader on loan while they "patch" up my car to the latest software version and I have been offered a free first service as part of Land Rover acknowledging that having a DIII in the shop for 2 weeks for a faulty battery was, probably, a bit too much...

Whistle

I guess that if it does keep on like that, the new Merc GL might look good... Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Post #516252nd Apr 2006 11:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
olive

Belgium 

fakesnake wrote:
I was told that my wife shouldn't lower the suspension every time she gets out as 3 air compressor failures were through overuse!

So apparently you cannot drive one of these vehicles if you are short & cannot have passengers that are children unless they have a step ladder!

What? Is this true? Shocked I'll have to lower the car and leave it in the low position every time I drive it into my garage! Otherwise I'll have to build a new house!

Post #516462nd Apr 2006 1:52 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The suspension can be raised and lowered as often as you like. This is not the reason the compressor is failing.

More likely another fault in the system, such as leak, or a faulty pressure switch, or software bug is causing the compressor to fail. Until the dealers learn how to correctly diagnose the faults, the compressors will keep failing.

BTW, my car is Nov 04, done 41000 miles, and is still on compressor number 1. I lower to access lots, and use off-road lots too.

Post #516472nd Apr 2006 1:58 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Relax... I am in the same predicament as you are and so far no compressor has been replaced from my car and it did over 20.000km... I did have some "Suspensions Faults" but most of those were solved by "booting" (Err, I mean switching Off and then On...) the car again... Wink

Post #516482nd Apr 2006 1:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >