Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

HEADLAMP ADJUSTMENT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GLYNNE

England 
HEADLAMP ADJUSTMENT

Whilst in France yesterday I changed the headlight beams over. What a palavour! Had to take the front grill off to get the light out to flip the switch (my hands are too big to do in situe and I haven't trained the kids to do it yet) in a layby, and then went throught the whole process again on the ferry home. The switches now feel like they have actually bent - I can see that I'll be taking the car in again to get new headlights (AGAIN)!! What a load of cr*p. Mad

Also have recently had the stereo upgrade on my base model and now the CD player restarts the CD from the beginning and not from the last track it was on when the engine was switched off (which it used to do). Has anyone else had the same experience? Question

Post #10292219th Nov 2006 4:11 pm
dochummer

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Changed the headlight beams over? Feel free to call me a stupid american, but what does that mean?
 2005 Zambezi V8 SE  
Post #10293019th Nov 2006 5:44 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Tempting.... Wink

Because in the UK we drive on the left, our headlights are aligned to the left to avoid blinding oncoming vehicles. When we go to Europe they have made the strange decision to drive on the right, so we have to move the headlights aim the opposite way to avoid blinding them. There is a switch on the back of the headlight to enable you to do this.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #10294019th Nov 2006 6:16 pm
Ocsid

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Now done three continental trips involving switching the lights 6 times. It gets much easier with practice.
I found putting silicone grease on the slider plates to ease the friction against the rubber sleeves has made all the difference as I have stated before. Whilst it’s a bit of a fiddly job it was getting those “B” sliders to move first time was by far the worst bit of the task. So I recommend that you do that the first time well before you need to do the task on the quayside.
At least with the Disco it can be done, with the Touareg xenons it was exchange the light units each time; now that is “c—p” design.

Post #10294319th Nov 2006 6:42 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What's wrong with good old beam benders - you know the sticky tape solution that just sits on the headlight. I can't be arsed to take them off my Motorbike...

As for the mini, I drove it two years on the trot 6000 miles to Italy and back and never had a problem with them.
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #10296219th Nov 2006 7:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dochummer

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

DiscoStu wrote:
Tempting.... Wink

Because in the UK we drive on the left, our headlights are aligned to the left to avoid blinding oncoming vehicles. When we go to Europe they have made the strange decision to drive on the right, so we have to move the headlights aim the opposite way to avoid blinding them. There is a switch on the back of the headlight to enable you to do this.

Ohhh... ok, makes sense now... Smile
 2005 Zambezi V8 SE  
Post #10296819th Nov 2006 7:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >