Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Total Suspension Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Coffeecup wrote:
LRA spent all day trying to find me a car. Was offered a Ford Focus, or equivalent.... but I rejected (would have preferred the Dealers Freelander, and that's saying something).

I'm driving my D3 to the dealers tomorrow (Friday), and have been promised a Large Estate Car, as I have a busy couple of days moving large objects around (Oh, a D3 would do that without any problem).

Watch this space regarding loan car (from LRA).

As for the work tomorrow at the Dealers. Apparently today they have ordered in everything they can think of for my Suspension and will work through the vehicle until it's fixed - both the sinking and whatever caused the Compressor Fuse to blow last night. Have a feeling I'll be stuck with the loan car for the weekend, as they will want my D3 for a while to see if it sinks, or fails again (at least overnight). Sad

The situation with loan cars from LR dealers seems to be a common theme as well at my Dealer in Melbourne Australia.

I made a fuss about the Ford Focus offerring and when there are none available it is your problem to make your own arrangements. This is unacceptable considering the cost of these vehicles. I can get a loaner from other manufacture's dealers for cars 1/3 of the price of a D3.

I had to complain to the Sales Manager to arrange a car for me and even then it wasn't a simple task. I had the use of a Jag S-type for the last 2 days - this was better thatn the Focus but a RRS would have been nicer.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #4282216th Feb 2006 9:55 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just to bring the thread back on topic...

F Y I. I'm on my 4th compressor and this is on my 2nd D3 and only done 6000 miles - the last was the latest, of the latest, of the latest... that went wrong... excessive noise... more like a Dyson strapped to the underside I'd say.

Car also hase no infotainment at all at present... no little sat nav, no music, no CD, no radio, no 4x4 info., and worse... no TV!! Oh and the dipping mirrors dont work.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4290317th Feb 2006 10:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Coffeecup

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Loan car - some sort of Crysler/Dao estate. Seems OK.

My D3. Can't find why the Compressor Fuse blew. Have replaced all the valves on the Air Suspension (which they were going to do to resolve the sinking issue). Keeping it over the weekend, to check it out tomorrow (Saturday), both to see if it leaks or whether they can find anything to point to the fuse blowing.

Latest thought is that one of the valves might have stuck open and then the compressor overheated trying to keep up - result it blew the fuse.

Whatever. Stuck with the Crysler mobile for the weekend, but hopefully they will keep my D3 until they sort the sinking issue out, which in turn might prevent the Suspension Failure (blown fuse) issue.

Coffeecup

Tonga Green March 2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green - Manual
Stornoway Grey May 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey - Auto
Tonga Green Dec 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green - Auto 

Post #4298617th Feb 2006 8:29 pm
Coffeecup

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4
It's back

Well after the dealer had my D3 for several days (including the Weekend) I got it back last night.... Fixed.

It has been sinking to Access height every time I left it for a few hours, since I bought the vehicle in June last year. It has been to the dealer many many times and I've been getting more and more hacked off that each time it comes back it still sinks. Well this time, they dismantled the drivers front suspension to replace the air-bag (start of a process-of-ilimination approach) and found a couple of 'o' rings were damaged. Deployment of a replacement set of rings and bits and.... it doesn't sink anymore when left.

Today was the first time I've been able to look out the window at my D3 and see it level and not on it's bump stops.

Hopefully now this problem is fixed it won't cause the Compressor any further greif, and it won't pop its fuse again. Here's hoping.

Coffeecup

Tonga Green March 2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green - Manual
Stornoway Grey May 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey - Auto
Tonga Green Dec 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green - Auto 

Post #4389023rd Feb 2006 1:31 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Great news, fingers crossed for you.

Post #4389523rd Feb 2006 1:32 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

They should have been on hand at Tixover, might have seen where the bubbles were coming from Wink
Glad you got it sorted Thumbs Up

Post #4390123rd Feb 2006 2:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lawman

Re: It's back

Coffeecup wrote:
Well after the dealer had my D3 for several days (including the Weekend) I got it back last night.... Fixed.

It has been sinking to Access height every time I left it for a few hours, since I bought the vehicle in June last year. It has been to the dealer many many times and I've been getting more and more hacked off that each time it comes back it still sinks. Well this time, they dismantled the drivers front suspension to replace the air-bag (start of a process-of-ilimination approach) and found a couple of 'o' rings were damaged. Deployment of a replacement set of rings and bits and.... it doesn't sink anymore when left.

Today was the first time I've been able to look out the window at my D3 and see it level and not on it's bump stops.

Hopefully now this problem is fixed it won't cause the Compressor any further greif, and it won't pop its fuse again. Here's hoping.

There has been SO much on here about various levels of sinking so a quick question. Are we all agreed that the level does normally drop a little after parking up, or should it stay exactly as you left it until the next time you hop in Question Mine drops a little but I have never had a suspension problem in using the car, except it telling me a few times (incorrectly) and immediately after I switch on (after the bong) that it is in extended mode after not using the car for a while. The fix has simply been to flip the switch to normal height (i.e no reboot needed) and then all is well.

Post #4418924th Feb 2006 2:54 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

All that should happen is that the D3 will level itself at park up - generally when its locked.

Should not produce any errors when you start her up.

Left ours for 5-10 days in airport car parks a few times for hols and biz trips - no errors or sinking.

Get it checked... certainly extended mode should not appear unless you have large mole digging up yer drive and banging the heads on the chassis Wink

-s

Post #4419424th Feb 2006 3:56 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Simon is right, mine has sat for 16 days, and did not sink. No errors when I start up either.

Post #4419524th Feb 2006 4:13 pm
lawman

Gareth wrote:
Simon is right, mine has sat for 16 days, and did not sink. No errors when I start up either.

Thanks Chaps. Will add this to my little list of niggles for the dealer then.

Post #4420524th Feb 2006 6:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >