Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Transmission Fault, HDC Fault and Suspension Lowers - WEIRD!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
RPG

United Kingdom 

I got the exact same problem with combined Transmission Fault, HDC Fault and Suspension Lowers. This was after wasting half the day trying to fix front PDC faults. Rolling Eyes Mine was definitely discharged battery. Gave it a good run and all was fine.
 Brain: We must prepare for tomorrow night.
Pinky: Why? What are we going to do tomorrow night?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - trying to take over the world!
Singers: They're Dinky, They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain! 

Post #46537710th May 2009 10:47 pm
catweasel

garyr wrote:

First time it happened was from a cold start and second time was going round a Roundabout so I must have been breaking.
I had carbon build up across the brake switch contacts causing this. cleaned it up and issue mostly gone, still awaiting on a replacement switch.  
Post #46546011th May 2009 8:52 am
garyr

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Just wanted to let you know the outcome. The fault was getting worse almost happening daily.
Went into the dealers last week and they tell me that the mental faults were down to a fuel filter!!

God knows why a fuel filter should cause should massive issues but thats the verdict - and since they have changed the filter I haven't seen the fault since (its been 5 days now).

So there you go - fathom that!!!
Gary
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #50001626th Jul 2009 4:05 pm
garyr

Spoke to soon Shocked

Fault came back today - should have kepy my mouth shut!
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #50045427th Jul 2009 5:13 pm
catweasel

garyr wrote:
Fault came back today
were you in the process of braking again?  
Post #50067128th Jul 2009 4:33 am
garyr

not breaking - on the motorway! A few times I have had to dodge traffic and get to the hard shoulder to restart the car (reboot the system).

I did already change a non OEM bulb I put in and my battery has been checked Shocked
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #50072428th Jul 2009 9:57 am
tcar

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Garyr, I had exactly the same issue a few months back. After 3 attempts the dealers told me it was a software issue on the rear diff which they updated accordingly. Since then I have not had any issues with this problem. That said they also had to replace the front diff at the same service (noise under car at 120kmh), so not sure if that was partly the the cause/solution.
After 2 months of no issues I have recently started getting the early morning warning (HDC fault) which comes on for 10 seconds on start-up - still have not found the solution for that! But only happens on cold mornings

Post #50074328th Jul 2009 11:05 am
garyr

Thanks for that tcar - I am building a list of possibles which I will be laying at the dealers door!!

Hows Cape Town? Mate of mine used to live in Hout Bay - The Lookout was always a good pint.

Cheers
Gary
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #50075728th Jul 2009 11:35 am
garyr

******UPDATE********

So I am ready for a late night rant. As I stated the fault was still occuring and the car is now dangerous!
I pulled on to the M6 last week on hols with kids in the back and the faults came up. I lost all power and no hard shoulder. I had to creep on the verge and turn everything off to reset the car again....crazy....so:

Monday this week the car went into the dealers. They reflased all the software firstly and the faults came up WORSE. They kept the car overnight and could not even get it started in the morning. Tuesday after eventually getting the car going they took for several test drives with their diagnostic equipment plugged in ont he move. The crazy thing is 80K worth of diagnostic equipment cannot tell the dealer where the fault is. Think it might me a wiring issue but this is discounted. Landrover now involved and telling them they need to keep recreating the problem. Dealer thinks fault could be either a high pressure fuel pump (whatever that is) OR a fuel injector but all speculation as diagnostics tell them nothing.

The saga continues and the dealer still has the car. Made no real progress today either and now I am getting into serious mode. I am driving a volvo from the dealer by the way!!!!!

As Landrover have said they need to continue to try and replicate the problem I think I need to contact landrover in the morning to complain. 5 days and I still have a dangerous 44K car with no idea what is going on - oh and warrenty runs out in Jan.

Any ideas on the email address for the MD of Landrover - I am sure I have seen posts before with it?

Thanks...
G
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #51006720th Aug 2009 11:27 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Disheartening when the motor goes wrong ...but try to get some perspective ...it's in warranty and you are mobile while the motor is in. Fret more and jump up and down if it comes back without the fault being rectified Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #51006820th Aug 2009 11:36 pm
quantumjohn

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I had this issue earlier this year. It would always occur within half a miles drive from the dealer but they couldn't identify the issue.

TFC disconnected the rear wiring plug that is affixed to the top of the off side chassis leg in the rear wheel arch area. Cleaned it up, reconnected it and sprayed it with grease. Never had the issue since.

Something like a dirty electrical plug or damaged wiring (a common one is the loom in the near side front arch can cause intermittent faults) normally doesn't come up on the diagnostics.

Good luck with it.

John

Post #51024221st Aug 2009 3:42 pm
garyr

I would like to say that I agree that I am mobile and therefore all is good but I dont.
I have the unfortunate pleasure of talking to Land Rover Customer Services today to a guy who didn't really see to give a damb.
The dealer still don't know what is wrong - 5 days without the car now.

I want to escalate at Land Rover - does anyone have the name and contact details of anyone senior.

Hate to be Mr Winge on this but I have a merc for 8 years and the motor in the seat once failed. The last 6 months has been a challenging time for me and the Disco Sad
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #51026321st Aug 2009 4:27 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There should be a recall on the HP fuel pump on your model.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #51041922nd Aug 2009 2:50 am
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

tcar wrote:

After 2 months of no issues I have recently started getting the early morning warning (HDC fault) which comes on for 10 seconds on start-up - still have not found the solution for that! But only happens on cold mornings

I'd say battery voltage - mine did the same thing and was cured with a new battery

Post #51043822nd Aug 2009 8:30 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
garyr

UPDATE....

The car has now been at the dealers for two weeks. The faults are a symptom of the problem apparently as the car goes into "lock down" when the ECU seems to not like a particular fault - that would explain different problems producing the same issue. The known stuff was checked day one - battery, bulb's etc.

Fault has been escalated the landrover over a week ago and work continues - LR are pretty sure the fault lies in a fuel injector -as the software tall which one then the entire bank of 3 injectors on one side will be replaced.

Waiting for parts and did get a repalcement car - RR Sport HSE. Much prefer the Disco!

So into the third week as of tomorrow....

G
 56 Tonga Green HSE.  
Post #51321430th Aug 2009 12:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >